Page 85 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 85

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The person you're talking about is a disciple of Ray Peat who advocates sugar sweetened OJ, sweetened milk, coffee, gummy bears, etc. He also says that a fast heart rate is indicative of good health and high intelligence. Yeahright. So, that person is in no way, shape, or form even trying to be Primal. He is getting all those carbs from sugar not veggies. (And, yes, despite the girly avatars Derp is a dude, or so he says.. A very tall and skinny dude.)
    You know, I actually think that Peat has a lot of interesting ideas. He is a good, clear writer to boot. But, I just cannot get behind the whole "sugar = metabolism = health" thing. I've read Peat and all the others on this one and I just don't get it. Even AFTER reading a crap ton about it, it doesn't add up in my head.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    AFter wanting to eat anything and everything yesterday, today has been completely different. Got up 2.5 hours later than usual, had breakfast, and lunchtime has come and gone and it's almost time to think about dinner. When everyone else was eating lunch, I knocked back 2 TBS of CO. And I'm JUST FINE. Odd and amazing!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    It's a great feeling when your cells aren't starving anymore

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Ah thanks for that PB. He is now on my ignore list.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Day 11 No sugar, no alcohol, no grains .............. I'm 100% primal! This evening was tough after a day of unwanted surprises!! Started out with my son being in a car wreck - he's fine - the car is toast. Then the garage door opener takes a dump! Then my gas gauge goes bonkers........... I have a 1/2 a tank - no wait - I'm on EMPTY! I fill the tank and I'm good - and then it says I have 1/2 tank again. ARG!

I wanted to comfort a frustrating day with ice cream and rum/diet coke! But I resisted. No help from hubby though - he was ready to run to store to get the makings of AnYTHING sweet and yummy. But I didn't want to be thrown out of ketosis so I said NO!

Calories a bit low today - 908. Fat - 54%, protein - 25%, carbs - 16%. I could up the fat by eating some pork rinds and cream cheese - I might do that in a bit.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Great Tomi!
    Def if you are hungry and can fit in more, go for the pork rinds and cream cheese
    I made pork rinds earlier, really crunchy, but were not as satisfying as I had hoped. Oh well. LOL

Paleobird Guest
    There is something so wonderfully and deeply satisfying to home made bone broth. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting some more healthy fat along with a way to curb appetite. Cravings are our bodies' way of telling us to keep foraging because they are missing some essential nutrient. They don't know how to tell us, "I need 50mg of calcium, please", they just tell us to keep looking. So, the modern forager keeps looking at the door of the fridge and ends up eating all kinds of stuff they really don't need trying to plug those nutritional gaps.

Bone broth is soooooo nutrient dense that all those crazy cravings just go "poof".

I picked up my cow pool shipment yesterday so today I have three cauldrons of broth going. Where I'm going to put it all, I don't know.

Oh I totally agree PB. I currently only drink chicken bone broth. As the one time I used beef bones, the smell nearly made me vomit LOL, but ill work my way up to it I think.
    Surely it has the same benefits if made from chicken bones? It helped on my "half fast" I just did.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Oh I totally agree PB. I currently only drink chicken bone broth. As the one time I used beef bones, the smell nearly made me vomit LOL, but ill work my way up to it I think.
    Surely it has the same benefits if made from chicken bones? It helped on my "half fast" I just did.
    Chicken broth will be a little lower in overall fat and a little HIGHER in omega-6 fats. Also, beef broth will be a little richer in overall mineral and vitamin content, but the difference isn't very big. Either one is still a great choice.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    B: 2c. coffee w/ cream and CO.
    I do like the CO. Strange the energizing effect it has.

D: Small romaine salad w/ 3 cherry lg tomatos, a couple little carrots, a couple slices of green pepper, a few red onion rings, liberal shredded cheddar cheese, and some crumbled bacon.
    Dressing was made from 10% fat greek yogurt, sour cream, homemade bacon-mayonnaise, HWC, smashed pasted garlic, herbs, and blue cheese(you know, a spoon of this and a spoon of that until it has that ZING!)... it was left really thick, not pourable at all like dressing. I kind of dipped my fork in it on the side of my plate then pick up bites of my salad.

Also, a chunk of a rare porterhouse steak shared with husband, and a side of steamed broccoli.
    I used extra of the super yummy dressing to dip the steak in.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.