Page 84 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 84

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ashley, you input the amt. Of oil you used to fry it. BTW 1878 is my upper cal goal. Yours is 1669. Sorry for the confusion.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Oops!

Well in this case it's a whole bag cooked in whatever amount of oil it takes... I don't know how much oil in a serving.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    VICTORY! Can't wait for the next weigh and measure day!
    Good for you, Paula!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It has to be counted unless of course you are living in Shangri La La land. This here is reality.

Personally, I think one of the reasons the SLD works for many is because it gets them past their fat phobia to include a higher percentage in each day while holding the overall calories down due to the hunger blunting effect.
    Well ya know sometimes Australia certainly seems like Shangri La La Land!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Ashley, you would total up the calories for all the veggies and all the oil then divide by the number of servings you made it into.

For instance, assume the whole bag of veggies is 100 calories, 1 tbsp of oil is 120 calories. Add those up to get 220 calories for the whole pan. If you fed you and one other person the recipe, the calorie count per serving would be 110 assuming you divided the servings equally on two plates. I like to use the recipe feature at My Fitness Pal to keep track of what I make. Very handy.

What tracker are you using?

According to My Fitness Pal, I am at 71% fat, 25% protein and 4% carbs. I even indulged in one single fish stick and one single tater tot (kids' dinner tonight). Our dinner is catfish baked in kerrygold, shrimp baked in kerrygold and lobsterettes baked in kerrygold. YUM! WAY high on protein so I had to add an addition tablespoon of butter to balance it out. More butter, what a shame! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pebbles67 View Post
    i want to report on my week of victory. It could also be called the week from hell...i had an incredibly hard week at work while going through ttom and some carb flu and a near death crisis for my mil.

The amazing thing is i not only survived, but i thrived on hflc. I took every hurdle that work threw at me this week and helped my colleagues over as well. I left my desk clean and my "to do" list as done as possible.

Carb flu was rough for a couple of days, but that was mostly due to sleeping badly. The bouillon really helped.

When my husband called about my mil, i didn't panic and i was calmly able to be a support and a help. (mil is better)

people are already starting to notice a difference in how i look.

I was able to stop a binge by adding fat and then choosing to go to bed rather than bingeing.

I am looking forward to a weekend where i rest, but also get a few things off my home "to do" list.

Victory! Can't wait for the next weigh and measure day!
    wonderful!!!!!!!!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Ayla that is wonderful. It feels so good when the scales are finally moving after a long hibernation...keep doing what you are doing
    G x
    Thank you, I will do

I want to report on my week of victory. It could also be called the week from hell...I had an incredibly hard week at work while going through TTOM and some carb flu and a near death crisis for my MIL.

The amazing thing is I not only survived, but I thrived on HFLC. I took every hurdle that work threw at me this week and helped my colleagues over as well. I left my desk clean and my "to do" list as done as possible.

Carb Flu was rough for a couple of days, but that was mostly due to sleeping badly. The bouillon really helped.

When my husband called about my MIL, I didn't panic and I was calmly able to be a support and a help. (MIL is better)

People are already starting to notice a difference in how I look.

I was able to stop a binge by adding fat and then choosing to go to bed rather than bingeing.

I am looking forward to a weekend where I rest, but also get a few things off my home "to do" list.

YAY, you are awesome! WTG!

OMG just discovered cashew butter, very tasty, but I did stop at one tsp full, so yay~

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I want to report on my week of victory. It could also be called the week from hell...I had an incredibly hard week at work while going through TTOM and some carb flu and a near death crisis for my MIL.

The amazing thing is I not only survived, but I thrived on HFLC. I took every hurdle that work threw at me this week and helped my colleagues over as well. I left my desk clean and my "to do" list as done as possible.

Carb Flu was rough for a couple of days, but that was mostly due to sleeping badly. The bouillon really helped.

When my husband called about my MIL, I didn't panic and I was calmly able to be a support and a help. (MIL is better)

People are already starting to notice a difference in how I look.

I am looking forward to a weekend where I rest, but also get a few things off my home "to do" list.

Hooray for such amazing non-scale victories! You are making amazing strides, Paula!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Er how can a person who is getting 60-80 % carbs a day possibly be primal?
    That is a shit load of veg. Oh and only 30% fat.
    And posting recipes with sugar.
    I must be lost lol

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Er how can a person who is getting 60-80 % carbs a day possibly be primal?
    That is a shit load of veg. Oh and only 30% fat.
    And posting recipes with sugar.
    I must be lost lol
    The person you're talking about is a disciple of Ray Peat who advocates sugar sweetened OJ, sweetened milk, coffee, gummy bears, etc. He also says that a fast heart rate is indicative of good health and high intelligence. Yeahright. So, that person is in no way, shape, or form even trying to be Primal. He is getting all those carbs from sugar not veggies. (And, yes, despite the girly avatars Derp is a dude, or so he says.. A very tall and skinny dude.)
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.