Page 83 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 83

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    So I'm back up to 210 pounds. Not sure if the binge on Tuesday did anything to me or if I need to lower things a tad calorie wise. Clothes are still loose so that is good but damn.
    Good that clothes are loose, hope the scales are down again soon

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I was plugging along nicely yesterday and then got hungry for sweets. So I made a "fat bomb" of sorts. I wanted to finish my almond butter so I took the jar (had about 4T left in it), and added an equal amount of CO. Then microwaved it till I could mix it up. Then I put in a little liquid stevia and added enough unsweetened coconut to turn it into a paste. Put tablespoon fulls on a plate and froze them. I ate 4. They were good. Next time I will do it without the Almond Butter, I don't really care for it so I won't spend the money anymore.

Anyway it threw all the stats off...

Calories 2124
    Carbs 35g (spot on) Fiber 18g so 17g Net
    Fat 193 (way high, 140 is goal)
    Protein 82 (tad high, 70 is goal)

DH and I had a little back and forth discussion going on about a bunch of small things we have been letting ride. No big deal, but irritating. I suspect it helped to feed my need for sweet. Today is another day!

p.s. Saw an article that was talking about the cost of dieting, and it mentioned not wasting money on fad diets that it would be better instead to go for diet books that emphasized lifestyle change such as ...1. Eat to Live, 2. Wheat Belly, 3. Practical Paleo! interesting huh?

p.p.s. Hi to GP!
    You are doing great

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Oh, stay. I was just in a "pity poor me, everyone likes him better" mood. No need for you to lurk when you con be an asset to this thread.
    I agree, please hang out here GP

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    One really bad day can cause you to gain 4 pounds. Pisses me way off.
    Crazy shit that hey.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    This is where I've had to go. Frankly, I can tell when I've gained, if I listen to my body. The day to day fluctuations were causing some real mental angst. I'm focusing now on getting "into the zone" and staying there (I keep going in and out, grrr).
    I am getting good at listening to my body, but right now I am enjoying seeing the scales go down, so will keep weighing until it stresses me out.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm not sweating the high cal days, b/c I follow Mark's logic on that one. I am tracking to ensure I keep my fat up and my carbs low.

No movement on the scale today. Still 190. I'm ok with that.
    Maybe tomorrow, you will get a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    What about xylitol? According to my low carb for performance book they don't count, what do y'all think?
    It might not count towards carbs or whatever, but I would still not eat it.
    I don't eat any sweeteners at all. If I bake for my family I use coconut sugar, but its rare.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Went down another 1.1 lbs overnight
    this is the most movement ive seen on the scales in 8 months. Even back then I didn't go down each day.
    I am down nearly 5 lbs in almost 2 weeks. Maybe not huge, but for me it is

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Went down another 1.1 lbs overnight
    this is the most movement ive seen on the scales in 8 months. Even back then I didn't go down each day.
    I am down nearly 5 lbs in almost 2 weeks. Maybe not huge, but for me it is
    Ayla that is wonderful. It feels so good when the scales are finally moving after a long hibernation...keep doing what you are doing
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I use liquid stevia. I used to use xylitol, then I realized it was messing with my tummy. I need sweet stuff so I can't go without at least not yet.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Try not taking it for a week. If you don't feel gloomy (and it's overcast) or unusually/inexplicably tired, you're probably fine. Good to get the levels tested when you can, to know for sure. Ask for it at your annual physical, assuming you go .
    I didn't take it today and have felt blah all day long. it is overcast out as well. But to be fair, I didn't take ANY of my supplements today - no B12, no cod liver... none of it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I want to report on my week of victory. It could also be called the week from hell...I had an incredibly hard week at work while going through TTOM and some carb flu and a near death crisis for my MIL.

The amazing thing is I not only survived, but I thrived on HFLC. I took every hurdle that work threw at me this week and helped my colleagues over as well. I left my desk clean and my "to do" list as done as possible.

Carb Flu was rough for a couple of days, but that was mostly due to sleeping badly. The bouillon really helped.

When my husband called about my MIL, I didn't panic and I was calmly able to be a support and a help. (MIL is better)

People are already starting to notice a difference in how I look.

I was able to stop a binge by adding fat and then choosing to go to bed rather than bingeing.

I am looking forward to a weekend where I rest, but also get a few things off my home "to do" list.

VICTORY! Can't wait for the next weigh and measure day!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Paula - you rock.
    That has been a huge week for you - but well done on jumping over all those hurdles and landing feet first !!!!!
    You go girl !!!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Ok, my first day keeping track. I have been eating more fat and less carbs for a little while a week maybe? But not keeping actual numbers. Keeping numbers did make me eat less carbs for sure- less overall. I was eating more like fifty.

So if I don't count the xylitol in my tea/coffee:

Calories: 1387
    Carbs- 32 (33-35)
    Protein- 75 (65-76)
    Fat- 94 (101-138)

Goal ranges are depending on 1,300 cal a day or 1878. 1,300 is figured for me to lose ten lbs by my 10k race March 3rd. The 1878 is by the calculation on this thread.

Not too bad, that wasn't hard!

Oh and calorie count gave me a B- for the day, I was kind of surprized. It really like the carrot (6 carbs! In a little carrot?) and stir fried veggies I ate. haha

Oops, didn't add fat to the stir fried veggies.. Calorie count says 0 grams for that. How do y'all figure fat fom fried things? Like I had a cup of fried veggies?