Page 82 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 82

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    my night time magnesium supplement includes calcium and D3. Wonder if that makes a difference?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Vitamin D is the "sunshine" vitamin. Not a good idea to take that at night!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    What about xylitol? According to my low carb for performance book they don't count, what do y'all think?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Gwamma I have been taking mag at night, but I think I will move it to the am because it tends to keep me awake for a while. Not sure why.
    That is interesting, I havn't found that it keeps me awake. The other thing that I do most nights is read, lying down. I am often asleep within two pages of my book.
    Good luck !

The scale at mine is still moving down, however official weigh in isn't until monday. And yes i know I know that I should step away from the scale Gwamma........but I cannot help myself ! This MCT oil is filling me up nicely - so will continue that in the short term.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Originally Posted by geostump
    One really bad day can cause you to gain 4 pounds. Pisses me way off.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Isn't that the truth! It doesn't even have to be much at all to cause the weight to go up. For my own mental sanity I'm going to weigh twice a month instead of every day. Do day to day fluctuations matter as much as long term progress? I'm so tired of being cranky about it in the morning. Not quite ready to divorce the scale, though.
    This is how I feel at the moment...I seem to be on a downward spiral spin...I want to stop it, but in some ways I don't..(bi polar ) I seem to have jumped 3 lbs over nite. I have started riding my exercise bike 15 min + per day. Ever since then, I am craving food, I feel fatter, look fatter. Pants fitting tighter..Not sure if its me or the exercise. But this is not the direction I want to go in

Thanks for letting me rant

NW, it is only about 500IU of D3 if I remember correctly, and I seem to remember that I started using it because the calcium and D3 were supposed to help the magnesium metabolize? I could be way off though, but I fall asleep faster and sleep better since I started, could be coincidence or something else I changed though. I do 2,000IU in the morning, but I tested as deficient.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    NW, it is only about 500IU of D3 if I remember correctly, and I seem to remember that I started using it because the calcium and D3 were supposed to help the magnesium metabolize? I could be way off though, but I fall asleep faster and sleep better since I started, could be coincidence or something else I changed though. I do 2,000IU in the morning, but I tested as deficient.
    Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium should be taken together. D3 is pretty useless if it's not taken with fat/in a liquid form (stabilized in fat like olive oil), since it's fat soluble. I'm not sure why it's often paired with Mag or Cal. At that amount, if you don't notice any issues, I'm sure it's okay. 500 IU is not very much.

If you're deficient, I don't know if 2000 IU in the morning would be enough. I had to supplement at 10,000 IU per day for several months before I could forget to take it for several days and not feel gloomy and tired on rainy days. But I had also been severely deficient for many years and have gut issues.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I take 15,000 UI a day... and I've never been tested. Overkill you think?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

when I was tested, I was given a prescription for some unGodly amount (maybe 100,000 once a week?). I took that for a while (over a year) then tested ok. the 2,000 daily is what I consider a maintenance dose. But it wouldn't hurt to double it up on rainy days. My gloomy and tired levels are pretty consistent and pretty low (ie. not effected by rainy days and I am rarely gloomy and if tired it has to do with lack of sleep). I will have her check the level when I go next time.

I also have gut issues, but lower (large) intestine stuff (IBD) which has less effect on vitamin absorption that upper (small) intestine problems.

Jenn, if it works it is probably ok. seems like a lot to me if you haven't been tested but I personally err on the side of less supplementation rather than more.
    Chris
    Unknown

Try not taking it for a week. If you don't feel gloomy (and it's overcast) or unusually/inexplicably tired, you're probably fine. Good to get the levels tested when you can, to know for sure. Ask for it at your annual physical, assuming you go .