Page 81 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 81

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ashley, ignore the saturated fat limit, it is set by CW.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Oh I know, I was joking

I thought so, just wasn't 100% sure.

My DH has been reading "Heart 411" on the advice of his doctor. Every time he tells me something, I ask if it is "generally accepted practice" or a scientific study. Has not been a scientific study yet. I just keep sending him articles from the Health and Science blog. He has stopped telling me. It looks like he is reading it less, but that may be that he is just busier with work stuff, and wishful thinking on my part.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am finding a happy balance. HWC in my coffee, coconut cream in my tea. While I can do CO in both, Paula had it right when she described it as an oil slick. I'd rather cook with it or eat it off the spoon.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Would it be poor form, rude or even nosey to ask someone (someone diabetic) if I could buy a couple of Ketostix from them? I don't want to buy a large amount right now, had to put tires on the car this month, but I would like to know if I'm in Ketosis.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    It (the events of recent) finally hit me I think. Its treat day today at work (oh joy). I told myself, I am staying out of the lounge. Yeah, no.. had to get my mail. Saw veggies.. whoohoo.. veggies and ranch.. yeah ok. Went back.. should not have done this.. awesome cheese dip (you know the kind, velveeta and rotell? I did not partake of chips.. it did not appeal. However, I did get a bowl and have me a couple spoons of dip. I called it cheese soup. My daily macros are kinda jacked but journaling at least I know kind of where I am at.
    So far for the day: p-63, carb-28, fat-107, calories 1291 so I can have a little protein (might just take it in the form of fat bombs) and fat.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It has to be counted unless of course you are living in Shangri La La land. This here is reality.

Personally, I think one of the reasons the SLD works for many is because it gets them past their fat phobia to include a higher percentage in each day while holding the overall calories down due to the hunger blunting effect.
    I totally agree PB. I am so not hungry when I have my MCT oil mid morning !
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Speaking of raising fat, I had a rough emotional day yesterday. Coupled with 3 hrs of sleep and I was a binge waiting to happen. Well, thanks to HFLC made it through without sugar or grains. Yes, I binged on fat / protein, but my macros were still on target and I was able to get almost 8 hrs of sleep last night.
    Paula, I so hope that today is better for you - althou you may not be in today yet ??? and those 8 hour sleep night are the best. I often take magnesium when I don't sleep well. Have you tried that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Would it be poor form, rude or even nosey to ask someone (someone diabetic) if I could buy a couple of Ketostix from them? I don't want to buy a large amount right now, had to put tires on the car this month, but I would like to know if I'm in Ketosis.
    I have a whole container that you are welcome to, however it would take about 2 weeks to get to you in the post !!! LOL sorry
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    oh nearly forget. I made those clouds last night, not for me, but for DH and DD and DDBF - they loved them. Went back for seconds !!!!!! so thank you for the fluffly cloud recipe
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Karin, isn't it funny that you'll think you are porking out and then track it and realize you are not doing so badly! As long as you can stay out of the sugar and flour it is surprising how far you can go.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Gwamma I have been taking mag at night, but I think I will move it to the am because it tends to keep me awake for a while. Not sure why.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-11-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67