Page 8 of 209 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 8

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Rosemary, welcome. I'm so impressed with your weight loss! I've gone from 240 to 162 (or so), but it's taken YEARS!

To find the group, you go up above and click on the arrow under "community" and then click groups. You should see our LCHF recipe group. You can then join and see what we've posted to date. Some good stuff there!
    Thanks, so much.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I forgot to take measurements.. I will do it tomorrow. There is a lot of self talk to stay off the scale. I may need to just put it on a high shelf in the garage.

Day 1 and I am tracking just to get a sense of the numbers. So far so good. Paula, I had some broth and it takes the edge off some not to mention its nice to sip when you feel less than 100%. So I have allowed myself @1700 calories along with my macros and here is what I have so far:

B/L,D totals: 101g fat, 64 protein, 12g carbs and 1281 calories.. there is that darn 1200 the doc wanted!!! I am going to make some fat bombs I think.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I think I will do a version of this as well. I'm having surgery on 1/2/13, so I'll be in full recovery mode for 8 months (ACL reconstruction). Sounds like a great time to eat more fat. I may not hit the full macros, but I'll aim for high fat, moderate protein and low carbs (not counting salad/raw veggies). I will take the next few days to read through all the posts.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I'm sort of anxious to get the weight loss part over so I can continue my life just eating primal and feeling good. You can imagine I have a huge amount of loose sking "hanging around". I've been taking 1 TBL of unflavored gelatin twice a day to see if it won't help tighten the "flapping skin".
    Can you exercise now? I found that to be the most effective in body re composition. I think you are right, the high fat component will help with that too. When I hit my lowest Primal weight a year ago, I was eating a decent amount of fat, but was not low carb. I was surprised at how little hanging skin I had on my abdomen.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I think I will do a version of this as well. I'm having surgery on 1/2/13, so I'll be in full recovery mode for 8 months (ACL reconstruction). Sounds like a great time to eat more fat. I may not hit the full macros, but I'll aim for high fat, moderate protein and low carbs (not counting salad/raw veggies). I will take the next few days to read through all the posts.
    Excellent Jackie! That sounds like a complicated surgery.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm bowing out........ uping the fat for this HIGH fat thing is causing my gutt fits! I don't have a gall bladder and this is just too much fat for my system to handle. I'll go back to 60-65% fat - thats about all I can handle. I was doing good at that - but once I bumped it up to 70%+ I'm having all sorts of unpleasant side effects.

Good luck everyone! I'll be watching to see how you're all doing!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Rosemary, I am sort of going along the same thinking as Paula, why change what ain't broke. But here are your stats for a 125 pound goal weight.

125 pounds is 56Kg
    Basically 56g of Protein
    28g of carb
    112g + of fat

I don't really think you have to weigh or measure. I would tell you that as long as you are losing you are on the right track.

The thing that Dr. Attia emphasizes, and that I think is essential to get on board with, is that each of us has their own sweet spot and it is essentially an N=1 experiment and your N=1 seems to be working.

You should most definitely hang around and keep us inspired!

What do you eat in a typical day?

JackieKessler, I eat a huge salad with mixed veggies every day for dinner. I am working my way down to the VLC, with luck I won't actually have to go super low, but right now I do NET Carbs (carbs minus fiber-an example of one of my obsessions Rosemary!) and that keeps me under my carb target and still allows me to eat the veggies I love.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    tomi, I would like to say that I for one would not kick you out for a few percentage points of fat! You should feel free to stay if it is helpful for you!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. I actually started this quite a few months ago and was feeling wonderful and had lost some fat (but no weight) and then I got derailed by "eat moar taters". Ack. Didn't work. I need to concentrate now on hitting the macros and being mature about calorie restriction. Yes, I'm one of those folks who doesn't lose without restriction. I also need to be careful about getting enough fat. You'd never think it was actually hard to eat the correct amount of "good" fat, would you? Avocados are ripening in the fruit bowl as I type.

I'm edging up on 49 years old, 5'9", currently 238 pounds on a large frame.

The stats to aim for:

175 pounds goal.
    79 grams protein
    39 grams carbs
    158 grams fat.

Good luck to all!

Shelli

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm bowing out........ uping the fat for this HIGH fat thing is causing my gutt fits! I don't have a gall bladder and this is just too much fat for my system to handle. I'll go back to 60-65% fat - thats about all I can handle. I was doing good at that - but once I bumped it up to 70%+ I'm having all sorts of unpleasant side effects.

Good luck everyone! I'll be watching to see how you're all doing!
    You know, Tomi, the Atkins For Seizures people recommend a ketogenic diet for adults at 65%f/30%p/5%c so your 60-65 is not out of the ballpark at all. The earlier versions of the anti-epileptic diet were more extreme but they are finding the same great results with these ratios.

Page 8 of 209 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast