Page 79 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 79

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    One really bad day can cause you to gain 4 pounds. Pisses me way off.
    Isn't that the truth! It doesn't even have to be much at all to cause the weight to go up. For my own mental sanity I'm going to weigh twice a month instead of every day. Do day to day fluctuations matter as much as long term progress? I'm so tired of being cranky about it in the morning. Not quite ready to divorce the scale, though.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Isn't that the truth! It doesn't even have to be much at all to cause the weight to go up. For my own mental sanity I'm going to weigh twice a month instead of every day. Do day to day fluctuations matter as much as long term progress? I'm so tired of being cranky about it in the morning. Not quite ready to divorce the scale, though.
    This is where I've had to go. Frankly, I can tell when I've gained, if I listen to my body. The day to day fluctuations were causing some real mental angst. I'm focusing now on getting "into the zone" and staying there (I keep going in and out, grrr).

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Your weight can fluctuate within five pounds per day. That is perfectly normal even. It's more important about long term gains or losses. Even Mark says not to worry about daily calories. He recommends you dial in your calories weekly. So, if you need 2,000 calories to maintain per day and are at your goal weight already, you can have some larger days, some smaller days, and even a few fasting days as long as by the end of the week you've gotten your 14,000 (7*2,000) calories. So if you have an off day, it's not the end of the world. Don't beat yourself up over it!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sweating the high cal days, b/c I follow Mark's logic on that one. I am tracking to ensure I keep my fat up and my carbs low.

No movement on the scale today. Still 190. I'm ok with that.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Can someone help me? Math is not my first language. 1,300 calories per day. What should I go for in grams of fat and protein? I want my carbs 50 or less. I have 13 lbs I want gone. I was 165 this morning, looking for 152.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Ashley , you figure out your fat, protein and carb goals first using the formula in my first post, the add up how many calories those macros contain.

My goal wt 170 divided by 2.2 = 77 kilos

Protein goal - 77-85gms (goal wt in kilos up to that +10%)
    Carb max-38gms (1/2 goal wt in kilos)
    Fat goal- 154 (2x goal wt.)

Fat gms x 9 = 1386
    Protein and carb x 4 = 460-49
    TTL Cals 1846 - 1878

***Your goal would be 69 to 76 g protein
    35 g carb max
    138 g fat

TTL cals 1658

If you insist that 1300 cals is your max then
    70%fat = 101g
    20%pro = 65g
    10%carb =33g
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-11-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ee, Paula, way to go girl, that second set of number working the math backwards from the calories is always hard for me! And I am pretty good at math.

I also agree that I am not stressing about the calories and working to keep my macros in order. Fat high, carbs low, protein moderate.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    HI everyone!! Hope it's not too late to join in! I'm trying to read through the thread... 79 pages?! Good grief! Only ten more to go and I'll be caught up, but I want to jump in with both feet right now.

I lowered carbs and raised fat a bit each day since Sunday until I hit my target on Wednesday, so am considering that my official start date. Now I believe I've caught the low carb flu. Taking the day off from work and hoping to combat it this weekend... any chance of that happening? Sure hope so.

Anyway, starting stats (copied from my journal):

Stats (lbs/inches)
    1/10/2013

Weight: 130.0
    Waist: 28.0
    Belly: 34.0
    Hips: 37.5
    Thigh: 21.0 (each)
    Calf (L/R): 12.5/12.75
    Bicep, flexed: 11.0 (each)
    Body fat: 24.75%
    LBM: ~97.8*

I'm aiming for 1400 calories per day, with a 10/20/70% ratio. Using MFP to track, because this is all so new to me right now.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Zee, It is recommended that you drink 1-2 cups of bouillon / day to offset some carb flu symptoms. That would be 2 cubes or the equivalent in powdered bouillon.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I bought some avocados and apparently they are Florida ones and they are higher in carbs?? They have more fiber though and more protein. How? Why? Waaaaa.... I want to eat a whole one and not knock my carbs outta wack.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.