Page 78 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 78

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    mmm yum!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Argh must stay away from other threads. Cos ya know 70% fat is excessive!
    Riiiight. But eating all potatoes for two weeks is perfectly sensible.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    A question for those "supplementing" with CO ala the ShangriLa Diet.....

Do you count this in your fat ratios? Or is it above and beyond?
    It has to be counted unless of course you are living in Shangri La La land. This here is reality.

Personally, I think one of the reasons the SLD works for many is because it gets them past their fat phobia to include a higher percentage in each day while holding the overall calories down due to the hunger blunting effect.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Riiiight. But eating all potatoes for two weeks is perfectly sensible.
    Yeah LOL

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Finished the day good again - but still going to bed hungry. Good thing I have some wiggle room with my calories cuz I had to get up and have something to eat again - same last night. I think I under did my carbs today. If I go under 30 grams I have trouble sleeping and I get a bit achy in my legs. Weird. So, the other 1/2 sweet potato slathered in butter and topped with cinnamon was my go to midnight snack. Plus 2 peices of pork rinds and a tsp of almond butter. I ended up as follows:

Total cal = 1200
    Fat = 55%
    Protein = 25%
    carbs = 18%

Guess the rest is fiber.

Walked 2.25 miles. So far this week I'm at 12.25 miles. If I can do the same for the next 2 days I'll finish the week with 16.75 miles. Thats a LOT of walking!

Congrats everyone on the successes! We're kickin' butt!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yup Paleobird, I agree. The Shangri La thing works because you are raising fat. I think most primals would forego the sugar water choice. Really? I will count my CO regardless of how or when I take it.

Speaking of raising fat, I had a rough emotional day yesterday. Coupled with 3 hrs of sleep and I was a binge waiting to happen. Well, thanks to HFLC made it through without sugar or grains. Yes, I binged on fat / protein, but my macros were still on target and I was able to get almost 8 hrs of sleep last night.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    So I'm back up to 210 pounds. Not sure if the binge on Tuesday did anything to me or if I need to lower things a tad calorie wise. Clothes are still loose so that is good but damn.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I was plugging along nicely yesterday and then got hungry for sweets. So I made a "fat bomb" of sorts. I wanted to finish my almond butter so I took the jar (had about 4T left in it), and added an equal amount of CO. Then microwaved it till I could mix it up. Then I put in a little liquid stevia and added enough unsweetened coconut to turn it into a paste. Put tablespoon fulls on a plate and froze them. I ate 4. They were good. Next time I will do it without the Almond Butter, I don't really care for it so I won't spend the money anymore.

Anyway it threw all the stats off...

Calories 2124
    Carbs 35g (spot on) Fiber 18g so 17g Net
    Fat 193 (way high, 140 is goal)
    Protein 82 (tad high, 70 is goal)

DH and I had a little back and forth discussion going on about a bunch of small things we have been letting ride. No big deal, but irritating. I suspect it helped to feed my need for sweet. Today is another day!

p.s. Saw an article that was talking about the cost of dieting, and it mentioned not wasting money on fad diets that it would be better instead to go for diet books that emphasized lifestyle change such as ...1. Eat to Live, 2. Wheat Belly, 3. Practical Paleo! interesting huh?

p.p.s. Hi to GP!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    STAY!!! I'll return to lurking.

The panda body is so abominably fussy and hasn't lost for 11 months, so this thread is a lovely reminder to watch my ratios.
    Oh, stay. I was just in a "pity poor me, everyone likes him better" mood. No need for you to lurk when you con be an asset to this thread.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    STAY!!! I'll return to lurking.

The panda body is so abominably fussy and hasn't lost for 11 months, so this thread is a lovely reminder to watch my ratios.
    One really bad day can cause you to gain 4 pounds. Pisses me way off.