Page 75 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 75

geostump is offline Senior Member
    All I have to say is that cream cheese clouds are amazing. Just have to say.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm so envious of all of you who can tolerate dairy. Sigh.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ooh what are those?

I have looked at buying cream cheese, the only ones I can find have added thickeners and things so didn't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'm so envious of all of you who can tolerate dairy. Sigh.
    Yeah me too. I can do butter, but as soon as I add cream, my candida is back, and the itching drives me insane.
    Dairy is a good fat source though, so damn!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I have slight issues with dairy but full fat seems to do me well. I need more ideas for fat bombs.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Dairy gives me an immense feeling of satiety, and for a really small portion. Unfortunately, it makes my stomach hurt so bad the next day or two (and other things that you probably are happy that I don't detail). Oddly, I can do butter, no problem. Everything else, no go. After I shed some weight, I'm going to see if I can find a way to learn to tolerate it.

weird how butter is OK hey?
    ooh will have a look at the recipe Geo.
    Although not buying other dairy currently as my 2.5 year old can't tolerate any dairy at all.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I am sorry to hear about the dairy girls, however for those of you without the dairy intolerance

this is what I do for a wee bit extra........

soak cut up prunes and apricots in tea or peach schnapps or brandy - overnight
    drain and mix with 1 pottle of cream cheese and a handful of grated tasty cheese.
    fashion into a log, roll in cruched nuts and set in the fridge.
    Once it has firmed up it slices really nicely......so heres my thoughts for a fat bomb....put in two pottles of cream cheese or only a small amount of fruit - beautiful
    This afternoon I am going to try something similar.
    Once I have mixed everything together, let it firm up in the fridge......then roll into balls and dip in dark dark chocolate !!!!!!!
    I reckon this could be a winner when I have a very small amount of carbs to do at the end of the day, but it is also sweet with that wee bit of fruit ?????
    I shall report later.
    I am having stomach issues with this higher fat. Well I think its the higher fat ?????? I havn't been that hungry thou, so hopefully the scale will reflect that come monday
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I have to be the slowest loser on this thread. Three pounds gone but, hey, they are gone!! One of these days I'll have to break down and start tracking, I guess.

I have been very good about not eating off plan and getting fats in. What I don't know is if it is too much or too little. I've successfully gone down to one cup of coffee a day and am working on reducing my wine consumption. I've gone from a big glass of wine every night to a smaller glass (quarter the size) every other night. If i can do those things successfully I can learn how to track!!!
    You can always join me in my new years resolution! No sugar - No alcohol until I'm at goal weight (with the exception of a week in Feb while we're on vacation). We can keep each other accountable What do you say?

and as for being the slowest loser........ I think we have a 3 way tie going!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    ooh what are those?

I have looked at buying cream cheese, the only ones I can find have added thickeners and things so didn't buy.
    I found an all natural mascarpone. I'll never go back to regular cream cheese!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.