Page 73 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 73

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OK found it. Apparently you have to take the CO one hr before and an hr after a meal 2 times a day. Can't see carrying CO to school, so maybe I'll just add one at night one hour after dinner.
    Dh has a bottle of light olive oil he uses at work. He hasn't noticed a difference in his sleep, but he's always been a good sleeper.
    I'm feeling a little groggy when I wake up too, almost like I took benedryl or had some wine, which I haven't had since xmas.
    Last edited by Urban Forager; 01-10-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Ah yep Paula, I didn't quite understand it. LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    morning all, and thanx for your positive comments pages and pages back........
    I am feeling great today althou I am so not sleeping very well. Its hot at night here but nothing like Ayla is experiencing, so not sure if its that. I am upping the fat quite liberally, but still not meeting my macros. I am wondering if I am hungry ????? I have also upped my exersize. Even thou I went over on my ankle a few days ago, I am really trying to move throught this recovery phase. I did the RICE thing, and now need to get it moving, so am trying to walk for an hour each day.
    Anyway I hope that those of you who are unwell, feel better soon.
    keep at it - I am so excited for you all with your progresses.
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi G!
    We have gone down to low 20s the last few days. Much more bearable. Do you have a fan in your room? Having ceiling fans in the bedrooms helps us all on the hot nights.
    What macros are you aiming for each day?
    Does your ankle still hurt?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It's Thursday... I think I started this on Thursday since last week was a bit wonky and off track.

Down 2 lbs.

I think I've decided I'm going to rake leaves today.
    Husband will be thrilled, and probably slightly confused, by this turn of events.
    I'll see how it goes.
    I haven't done much yard work in a very long time... might have to take it very slow as sometimes any sort of vigorous exercise can make my brain pressure suddenly rise. This can have interesting effects at times which coupled with certain activities are not altogether unpleasant (TMI, lol), but those are not effects I'd like to experience alone in the front yard.
    It also prevents me from any sort of sprinting and lifting of heavy things. I cautiously lift light things and cautiously do body weight stuff, and walk. Knowing your limits is a good thing, respecting them is good too. Not everyone succeeds best by the old "no pain, no gain" motto.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Ok, my latest question since I am math-challenged: Once you have your ratios figured, how to do you figure calorie range?

Thanks for the milk replacement suggestions. I will give bulletproof coffee another try - it went all over the kitchen last time I made some. And I'll get some coconut milk today as well.

Nameless, those no-bakes sound TOO good with coconut flakes and almond butter. If I knew I could eat those, I would and it wouldn't be pretty. When it comes to the oatmeal and peanut butter, I used to eat it happily but in the last couple months my body is just saying "no" before it gets past my mouth. Beans, too, which used to be my occasional friend. I'm getting better at listening to what my body wants and needs.

Demuralist, I noticed the same thing with meat. Too much triggers "want more" with me as well. Last night I cooked a lot of steak and had huge leftovers. I measured out 100 grams, then kept going back and cutting off more while I was cleaning the kitchen. I know steak is a heck of a lot less harmful than chocolate cake...but the rest of the night I was feeling munchy.

One last stupid question: where the heck can I find this recipe thread that's mentioned? I am dense. :/

carbs and proteins are 4 calories per g, so say you are aiming for 30 g carb = 120 cal. Fat is 9 g per gram, say 120 g fat = 1080.

If I try to replicate foods or bake, that makes me want to eat it all.
    I rarely bake now. I just don't see it as needed.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shelli, go to almost the top of the page with the stream of white lettered words in the black strip. Click on "community" it will give you a pull down, in that pull down list is "groups" click that. Hopefully it will take you to a page where "LCHF Recipe Group" is, should be under "new groups". I think it should say "join" in its box. click it and hopefully it will take you there. (mine groups page is going to be a tad different because I am already a member and I started it, but this should get you close enough to find it).

technically if you hit your macros or below, you should not need your calorie range, but yes Ayla is correct
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    carbs and proteins are 4 calories per g, so say you are aiming for 30 g carb = 120 cal. Fat is 9 g per gram, say 120 g fat = 1080.

If I try to replicate foods or bake, that makes me want to eat it all.
    I rarely bake now. I just don't see it as needed.
    Thanks Ayla! I actually managed to do the math without twisting my brain up too much too. approx 1894 calories.

I feel the same about gluten-free baking. It's nice to know I can have it if I want it, but it's too hard to regulate consumption.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Demuralist! I'm all signed up now. And that creamer looks amazing - gonna pick up the coconut milk today.

I just ate the last mango too, and won't be buying more at 4$ each.