Page 72 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 72

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When does SLA recommend that you take CO? My sleep has been terrible the last 2 weeks.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shelli.. fruit carbs will get you. You might want to consider a fruit lower in carbs if you feel you must have a fruit daily. I know, kinda stinks. Maybe keep the mangos for once in a while?

Paula- sorry your not feeling well.. hopefully its of short duration.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Has any one noticed their sleep has changed? I've been eating more fat (haven't tracked macros) and I've started taking CO as per the SLA diet and for the last 2 nights I've slept like I've been drugged. By 10:15 pm I'm started to get really sleepy, normally I'm pretty awake at that hour, when I go to bed I fall asleep easily.
    I fall asleep pretty easy.. its the waking up I struggle with..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I fall asleep pretty easy.. its the waking up I struggle with..
    same here.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I will have to look at the nutrition info on the package the bird came in. I'm not finding anything that allows for the skin, or cooking in the skin, or even just eating the skin... so, I'll look at the bird, update my recipe in MFP, and figured dinner from there.

And can I just say that it is so unfair for cheese to be so damn high in calories. Especially pepperjack cheese. I could eat that stuff all day long.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

OK found it. Apparently you have to take the CO one hr before and an hr after a meal 2 times a day. Can't see carrying CO to school, so maybe I'll just add one at night one hour after dinner.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Geo, ill try to find the post explaining.
    Does your daughter know what she wants to weigh?
    Paula, hope you feel better soon.
    HB 3 lbs is still good. I hated the thought of tracking, but I think while I have so much to lose, I need to do it, its only temporary
    Opps reading through the thread I see Ruth posted the macros for you Geo. Good luck to your daughter
    I agree Kymma, it is going to be a great year Not sure on your protein issue. Is that 3 meals?
    HB Isn't that starvation mode thing CW? Really the amount of calories I eat on some days would be seen as low to some in CW, but I am not any hungrier. Fats are slower burning, so we just don't need to eat as much or often.
    Jenn I too wondered that as I had roast chicken the other night, so I just left it at whatever MFP told me it was, I would think that fat would be taken into account surely.
    Wow Jenn 2 lbs, great! I went down 2.2 lbs overnight after my 36 hours of "half fasting", will probably end it by eating tomorrow morning (maybe tonight) not feeling too hungry just yet
    Chris I want to be mindful of that protein level at each meal too, but it is hard, when I eat 1-2 times a day.
    UF, yes I noticed that too And then I wake up full of energy.
    Jenn ive never loved cheese really, but yes does suck hey. How high is it in fat? Could a small amount each day get your fat up?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OK found it. Apparently you have to take the CO one hr before and an hr after a meal 2 times a day. Can't see carrying CO to school, so maybe I'll just add one at night one hour after dinner.
    Where did you read this? I missed what the benefit was.
    I am having coconut oil in my BP coffee each day.

Can you get CO in little packets like coconut butter?

In the shangri la diet thread.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

bjjcaveman is offline Member
    Hi I just wandered into this thread and read the whole thing. I've been trying nutritional ketosis for the past month and have spent almost 3/4 of the time in ketosis (as checked with blood ketones). I haven't noticed much weight loss though.. and can probably attribute this not restricting calories enough.

I've spent the past few days restricting calories and will continue to do so to see if this prompts more weight loss in the future. I was wondering if anyone here is still trying this and do you guys have good experience with weight loss?

A little about my background... I'm 182 lbs, and am around 20% body fat. with my attempt at caloric restriction, I've been trying to consume in the range of 2000-2200 calories with a macro break down of 70/20/10 fat/protein/carb.

According some calculators, since I am moderately active, my daily caloric use is estimated to be around 2700, with my BMR around 1700.