Page 71 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 71

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yikes - hope you feel better soon!!! I felt that way most of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ok here's a funny...The BodyMediaFit web site is telling me through nutrition advice messages that I am eating too much fat and cholesterol.
    You need more healthy grains, apparently.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Nope, pretty sure that's me!!!!
    Nope, I probably get the prize. A week hovering between 149-150. It should be coming off as several pounds are holiday weight. I'm having a tough tine sticking to 1200 calories. I seem to be averaging 1300-1400. Good news, still off grains since New Years Day.

Now come on poundage. I'm in trace ketosis.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Eating lots of fat, but still struggling to keep my protein low. I like a little more meat than I need to be eating, so reducing by half isn't helpful yet. Yesterday I had 2 boar's head hot dogs, 2 oopsie rolls,green beans, 6.5-7oz. flat iron steak, broiled avocado with parm, green beans again, coffee with butter, steak cooked in butter, and butter on the dinner green beans. Fat was 148 and protein was 98.

My weight is down, but I had a stomach issue that kept me from eating much, so it is a skewed in terms of NK results.

I am proud of all of us. We are supporting each other, and experimenting and giving ourselves time to achieve the correct macros and learn about our bodies. This is going to be a great year, I just know it!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I do know that keeping calories too low will prevent weight loss, especially if you are exercising and not eating enough. It doesn't always work to really reduce your calories. It can actually cause your body to go into starvation mode and hang on to everything you've got. First hand experience.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    A success for today - I made a batch of chocolate no-bakes for my hard workin' husband. Normally I will hook into those like a crazy bitch because there's no flour. Today, I had a sniff, said "wow...those smell good" and that was that. No handfuls of no-bakes were consumed. Not even one. Not even the little blobs leftover on the baking paper.

On a related note, oatmeal seems to give me digestive grief (so I may well be undiagnosed celiac) and even peanut butter doesn't get past my nose any more. I had problems with tuna in the past too, and lately I can't even smell it without being grossed out. Weird how it works.
    Hey Shelli, not sure if you are eating oatmeal and peanut butter, but just wanted to mention that those are not primal/paleo. Oats are a grain and peanuts are a legume. No-bake cookies can also be made with coconut flakes (instead of oatmeal) and almond butter (instead of peanut butter). They're still really tasty!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    Thanks Ayla!

A question: I am having trouble getting my carbs low enough. Most carbs are coming from the milk in two lattes, and seasonal fruit. I can't pass up mangos! I don't eat rice or potatoes....I've been cooking for potato lovers too many years and the lure of the potato has lost it's gloss. Even sweet potatoes don't thrill me. So I guess what I'm going on about is there's no carby veggies to toss out. And I like a serving of fruit a day. That leaves the milk in the lattes...I already use HWC in the lattes, topped up with milk. What would be a good replacement for the milk?
    I was going to suggest coconut milk. It's mostly fat.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Hey, I need help. My almost 14 yo daughter wants to start NK. I need help figuring out her macros. She's 5'3, 190 pounds and medium build.
    I was going to answer this, but I see someone else already did. Ruth, I think.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    hey ladies, question for you all. I am cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot right now (Chili Cilantro Lime Crock Pot Chicken : PaleoPot – Paleo Recipes For Your Crock Pot & Slow Cooker) and put it into myfitnesspal (I googled how much meat is on a whole chicken and reduced the overall poundage of my chicken to match what the experiments showed - turns out, 40% of a whole chicken is carcass). If I were to eat some of the skin, would this bring my fat content for the day up or do you think that is figured into the calorie value of the "whole chicken"?

how would you insert the information? As it stands right now, i'm at 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs for the day's plan and I'm not really happy with that.

Oh, and down 2 lbs overnight. 7 lbs lost since the start of the year!! YAY!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    jenn if you eat dark meat instead of white your fat will be higher. If it is going to be pulled I would just enter pulled chicken and figure out ounces. Usually in MFP after you do the search the choices get pretty specific such that it will say boneless skinless thigh or something like that. Mostly their choices tend toward lower fat. So if I can't find what I am looking for (ie. it only had skinless chicken) I would probably add something like a tablespoon of oil to make up the difference even though I didn't actually eat the tablespoon of oil. jeez hope that didn't confuse you more.

I also want to note here that, although this doesn't seem primal at all, I actually only seem to be able to hit my numbers if I don't eat meat, at least they way that I am currently eating my breakfast and lunch. And the day that I actually ate meat (chicken) for lunch I think it was that higher protein count that sent me looking through the pantry later in the day. I am working hard to follow Nora's Primal Body Primal Mind suggestion of a maximum of 25g of protein a sitting.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Has any one noticed their sleep has changed? I've been eating more fat (haven't tracked macros) and I've started taking CO as per the SLA diet and for the last 2 nights I've slept like I've been drugged. By 10:15 pm I'm started to get really sleepy, normally I'm pretty awake at that hour, when I go to bed I fall asleep easily.