Page 70 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 70

Shelli is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Ayla!

A question: I am having trouble getting my carbs low enough. Most carbs are coming from the milk in two lattes, and seasonal fruit. I can't pass up mangos! I don't eat rice or potatoes....I've been cooking for potato lovers too many years and the lure of the potato has lost it's gloss. Even sweet potatoes don't thrill me. So I guess what I'm going on about is there's no carby veggies to toss out. And I like a serving of fruit a day. That leaves the milk in the lattes...I already use HWC in the lattes, topped up with milk. What would be a good replacement for the milk?

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    I didn't think there was a limit to how much hot roast pork crackling I could enjoy in one sitting. Apparently I was wrong. Eugh.

Oh well, no problem keeping my fat percentage high at least ...

I am finally noticing a reduction in appetite, and managing to eat a bit less daily. My main problem is figuring out how much to have in the evenings, and when, so that I don't go to bed hungry - there's no way I can go to sleep if my stomach is grumbling. Of course, if I actually went to bed ON TIME that wouldn't be a problem.

My new resolution (witnessed by all of you, to keep me accountable - feel free to harass me) - NO MORE LATE NIGHTS WATCHING TV AND PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER UNTIL %#$@ KNOWS HOW LATE. In bed at 10.00 pm every night. Srsly. (Well, weeknights at least.)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shelli, try a bulletproof coffee (butter and coconut oil blended with the coffee). Soooo good.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shelli, the fruit will get cha, especially mangoes which are unfortunately pretty high. Maybe you could eat a smaller bit of mango less often, say every other day?

I also do a version of the bullet proof coffee, but mine is matcha, I use kerrygold butter and HWC a few drops of stevia the matcha powder and whip it with a stick blender.

p.s. check the recipe team there is a recipe for a primal creamer that is fantastic and should be carb free or pretty darn close.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-10-2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I need help. My almost 14 yo daughter wants to start NK. I need help figuring out her macros. She's 5'3, 190 pounds and medium build.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am feeling ill today. Had a hard time eating breakfast. Headache, nausea, lack of sleep. EEEK!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am feeling ill today. Had a hard time eating breakfast. Headache, nausea, lack of sleep. EEEK!
    Super sad. Clint's fighting a cold. Sore throat at night and in the morning then fine throughout the day.
    Georgette

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have to be the slowest loser on this thread. Three pounds gone but, hey, they are gone!! One of these days I'll have to break down and start tracking, I guess.

I have been very good about not eating off plan and getting fats in. What I don't know is if it is too much or too little. I've successfully gone down to one cup of coffee a day and am working on reducing my wine consumption. I've gone from a big glass of wine every night to a smaller glass (quarter the size) every other night. If i can do those things successfully I can learn how to track!!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I have to be the slowest loser on this thread.
    Nope, pretty sure that's me!!!!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Geo,

With a medium frame, her "ideal" weight is between 124 - 136.4 lbs. (56.4 - 62 kg). Using the top of the range (you could always modify later):

Goal - 62 kg
    Protein (+/- 10%) = 55.8 g to 68.2 g
    Carbs (high) = 31.1 g
    Fat = 124 g
    Calorie ranges = 1,462.6 to 1,513.2
    -- Ruth