Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 7

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Ruth, that makes sense. It does take some thought to get the healthy whole food fats without getting protein. I am going to ignore the calories, and try to focus on percentages. Actually basically say twice as much fat grams as protein grams and half as many carb grams as protein grams, so more about ratios than percentages, which may work out to the same thing but are, for me mentally easier to figure out.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm all for not limiting the fat at first. When I first switched to low-carb, and then primal, what worked best for me, was eating as much as I wanted of the good stuff, until I was used to the program, before worrying about calories. And you know what, I felt better right away, and even lost weight, too. For many people, the calories DO count, but not counting them until you get to the fat-adapted stage is a good thing to try.

Since I will be away on the 1st, I am going to go ahead and put my stats in now....

Weight: 268.8 Goal 160ish or to be able to get into my wedding dress, I don't really care what the scale says!
    Neck: 14.5
    waist:41

r. bicep below top muscle:15.5
    r. forearm:12
    Chest (with bra): 45
    hips:52
    r. thigh (at finger tip):30
    r. calf:17

These are actually from December 15, but they will work for my purposes since the change over the past year has been negligible.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-22-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: add goal weight

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member
    I'd like to try to understand this whole fat/protein/carb issue better. Since February of 2011 I've lost 114 lbs. It will be 2 years soon and I have about 5 or 6 lbs to go. The weight loss took so long because I spent many months in a wheelchair waiting for a broken femur to mend. (Who said libraries aren't dangerous?) I tend to get obsessive about things so I've not calculated calories, percentages or carbs, etc. I'm pretty sure my carbs fall below 50 grams but I don't really have numbers. Is there a simple way to calculate all this so I'll be able to keep a check on my fat and protien percentages. If I'm not careful, I'll find myself running numbers for every mouthful. For example, I'm the type that backs the car down the driveway, stops and runs back to the house once or twice to make sure I locked the door. By the way, what are macros? Google is vague.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 12-22-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Hi Rosemary, and welcome! First you are in great company when it comes to being obsessive!

Macros are macro-nutrients, which are carbs, fat, and protein. How have you lost the weight?

We can calculate for you if you give us your goal weight.

p.s. congrats on your loss, fantastic!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Hi Rosemary, and welcome! First you are in great company when it comes to being obsessive!

Macros are macro-nutrients, which are carbs, fat, and protein. How have you lost the weight?

We can calculate for you if you give us your goal weight.

p.s. congrats on your loss, fantastic!
    Thanks, I lost the weight eating primal. It was easy and I'm rarely hungry. I'm 5'4" and weigh 130.6 lbs., down from 244.8. I'm guessing that 125 lbs is about right for my height. Even if I know the percentages, I want to try not to get caught up in weighing and measuring everything. I know me and I don't want to get crazy. Or, am I just being lazy?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Rosemary, First of all Welcome.

Second, Why would you change anything now? You seem to be doing amazingly well as it is. I would just keep on as you have been. You seem to be doing the right thing intuitively, which is where we are trying to get.

I've been Primal for almost 2.5 years and still have half my weight to lose.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I added it to the LCHF recipe group
    Where do I find that group?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Rosemary, First of all Welcome.

Second, Why would you change anything now? You seem to be doing amazingly well as it is. I would just keep on as you have been. You seem to be doing the right thing intuitively, which is where we are trying to get.

I've been Primal for almost 2.5 years and still have half my weight to lose.
    I'm sort of anxious to get the weight loss part over so I can continue my life just eating primal and feeling good. You can imagine I have a huge amount of loose sking "hanging around". I've been taking 1 TBL of unflavored gelatin twice a day to see if it won't help tighten the "flapping skin".

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Rosemary, welcome. I'm so impressed with your weight loss! I've gone from 240 to 162 (or so), but it's taken YEARS!

To find the group, you go up above and click on the arrow under "community" and then click groups. You should see our LCHF recipe group. You can then join and see what we've posted to date. Some good stuff there!
    -- Ruth

Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast