Page 69 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 69

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I find out that last nights eatapalooza for me was due to raised cortisol due to lack of sleep. Yep, gotta love how stress does that to a person.

In regards to what I eat, I find that right now I am eating between 1600-1400 cals/day. I have no clue about BMR, I am not a math whiz or anything of the sort. Hell, I had to have Paula figure out what my macros should be at so I could do this. You tell me weight in kilos and my brain goes "squirrel"
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My calories are tending a bit high right now, but I feel like I need an adjustment period to get this all figured out.

Ayla, regarding your question. No I didn't feel like I had overeaten, but I am not sure what I was looking for. So can't say if I "needed" the protein or not. I sort of feel like I had too much protein at lunch and that set the rest of the day off.

I just got home from work, and was hungry. So I made a concoction of Almond Butter, Coconut Oil, coconut, almonds, and stevia, melt and mix. Ate about 2 tablespoons full and now I am stuffed. I put it into MFP as best I could and I am a bit surprised that the stats on it weren't higher given how I feel. Weird. I am just going to have a bit of spinach salad tonight for dinner. Should end up within my macro goals pretty easily.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Now I want cocoa, cream and coconut... lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    B: 1 c coffew w/ cream... no CO today.

D: grilled up a big ol' burger with some sharp cheddar on top, and a salad on the side of thin sliced romaine, a little shredded carrot and tomato, with garlic sour cream dressing thinned with HWC.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    OMG Cori that burger sounds delicious!
    I have had 2 BP coffee, and some bone broth. Not feeling any hunger at all.
    Hope I can still hang out here, even though am half fasting, as well as eat moar fat.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Hi Calee, I did the entire weight loss on Primal. Of course this is the third time I've taken off near that amount of weight (over 100 lbs.). The first time was a gastric bypass, the second was "eating when you're hungry, stopping when you're full". This time Primal. I feel so good and am seldom hungry that I will continue with the way I'm going the rest of my life. I think I just need to level off weightwise, somewhere. Right now I'm floating between a size 6 and 8. That makes buying clothes very inconvenient. By the way, it's embarrassing that during my adult years I've gained and lost 100+ lbs 3 times. Talk about emotional eating! The potato diet didn't bother my arthritis, it's Osteo, the wear and tear kind. I plan to stop for awhile at 125, see how I feel and look and drop another 5 if necessary. If there's any other 5'4" women out there that have a weight number opinion, I'd like to hear it. It's been so many years since I've seen what a "normal-sized me" looks like I'm not able to recognize it.
    Rosemary, what a journey you've had! Your body must be delighted with being Primal. I'm very happy with wearing size 8. At 144 I can wear size 6 or 8 skinny jeans. The 6 are snug at 149 so I'm determined to get down. Last year after shedding a lot of weight, I bought all new jeans in 6 and 8. It's great motivation.

I'd love to read how you ate primarily while shedding 100 pounds. What were your favorite meals etc. did you watch carbs? Eat high fat?

I think that age also might contribute to goal weight.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaK View Post
    My weigh in day was this morning. Here's how I've fared the first week:

Jan 02.....Jan 09
    209.5.....204 Weight
    52.......51.25 Hips
    45.......44.25 Chest
    38.5.....38.25 Waist

I know that the weight is mostly bloat and that's completely fine with me! I haven't been counting my macros this week, I needed time to just concentrate on not eating sugar and grains again. Today I start counting. I think I've been over on my protein, so we shall see!

- Robin
    WOW! Awesome week. Congratulations!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ok here's a funny...The BodyMediaFit web site is telling me through nutrition advice messages that I am eating too much fat and cholesterol.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    A success for today - I made a batch of chocolate no-bakes for my hard workin' husband. Normally I will hook into those like a crazy bitch because there's no flour. Today, I had a sniff, said "wow...those smell good" and that was that. No handfuls of no-bakes were consumed. Not even one. Not even the little blobs leftover on the baking paper.

On a related note, oatmeal seems to give me digestive grief (so I may well be undiagnosed celiac) and even peanut butter doesn't get past my nose any more. I had problems with tuna in the past too, and lately I can't even smell it without being grossed out. Weird how it works.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Paula, that is so silly LOL
    Shelli, I call that a great success Good on you.

Damn its not easy finding someone to supervise my exam, that will not cost an arm and a leg