Page 68 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 68

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ayla- thank you. I am not sure if I want to weigh weekly or bimonthly. Now that I have seen a loss I am tempted to always get on the scale and think I may need to put the dang thing in the garage. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Rosemary, I'm 5'4" and aiming for 140, to be honest. That's a size 6/7/8 for my frame.
    You make a good point, frame or "bone size" has something to do with what you weigh tool Is there a simple way to determine what bone or frame size you are?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I found a few sites, via google that get you to put in wrist or elbow measurement. All seem to say I am a medium frame.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I say stop losing when you're comfortable with the image in the mirror. the number on the scale isn't what matters - unless you're in the losing phase! Find your own personal sweet spot. I plan to use the scale as a measure of progress - but not really a final destination. Just as a guide I'm shooting for 130-140 --- I'll decide when I get there whats right for me. Last time I was 140 I was 40 years old. My body has gone through lots of changes in the past 12 years (menopause) so I don't think I will look the same at 140 now as I did then. I have less muscle mass - so I can probably go a bit lower and still look healthy.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Thats a good point Tomi.
    I don't want to be skinny, I want to have muscle (as much as I can) will start lifting heavy again/or go back to CrossFit, but not yet.
    Once I am under 165, I will start looking at getting my tummy fixed (then boobs once I am at my happy weight). I will know it once I am there

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Ayla- thank you. I am not sure if I want to weigh weekly or bimonthly. Now that I have seen a loss I am tempted to always get on the scale and think I may need to put the dang thing in the garage. LOL
    Good luck with it. I do weigh daily, but right now its not stressing me as yet, if it does, ill get my husband to hide them.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Thats a good point Tomi.
    I don't want to be skinny, I want to have muscle (as much as I can) will start lifting heavy again/or go back to CrossFit, but not yet.
    Once I am under 165, I will start looking at getting my tummy fixed (then boobs once I am at my happy weight). I will know it once I am there
    Just a note that most people don't realize - if you lift heavy now, you'll burn your fat faster. Your body right now will burn less fat than your body after 2 weeks of heavy lifting. It doesn't have to be crazy lifting - just some basic body weight stuff to help improve your musculature. Even the smallest increase in muscle mass will help your body burn extra fat.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have that not so tasty tinny taste in the back of my mouth. It makes me want to eat something to get rid of it... will this taste last forever??

I wish I'd grabbed my ketosticks this morning. Would love to see what color I'd pee today.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Just a note that most people don't realize - if you lift heavy now, you'll burn your fat faster. Your body right now will burn less fat than your body after 2 weeks of heavy lifting. It doesn't have to be crazy lifting - just some basic body weight stuff to help improve your musculature. Even the smallest increase in muscle mass will help your body burn extra fat.
    Yep I know, but I am mostly a big chicken right now.
    Being so heavy, im afraid of competing for the squat rack/bench with the men, I am worried about being made fun of (yeah yeah I know, stupid).
    I know what to do, I used to do my own thing with basic squats, deadlifts, bench press and press. Then I did CrossFit for ages. I will go back to CrossFit, but I have in my head I have to lose the weight I gained in the last 8 months before I do (nearly 20 kg), I know it sounds crazy.

For now ill stick to my walking at least 5 km everyday, and doing push ups, dips etc at home.

I have not had that taste even though im def in ketosis, but it doesn't appear it lasts forever from what i've read around the place.