Page 67 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    and who would have thunk that 1.5 ounces of cheese would satisfy!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yup, the last 2 nights I have had 6oz of pulled pork and 1/2 an avocado. I am eating off dessert plates.
    you know Paula, if you put your little ol portion on a big ol plate you could imagine you were in some high-falutin' foo-foo restaurant with minute proportions. LOL!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    exactly!!
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    exactly!!
    Karin

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles - Those macros look great. I probably only hit 5% carbs or less each day at the moment. Aim for 10 though. No fires close to me, but there have been many houses lost in other places Not sure on people yet, as have not been watching the news, hopefully no lives are lost.
    I love how HFLC makes me not need to binge either.
    Sorry about the loss of your mum, I did read that in your journal.
    Welcome mousecatcher have you tried tracking macros for a bit on something like mfp?
    Karin you are really powering along, when will you weigh next?
    So glad you got decent sleep last night Geo, sounds like you had a productive morning. I feel well rested this morning, it was much cooler last night.
    Calee, keep at it, ketosis, should not be far off for you hopefully That is beautiful you have an amazing relationship with your son, it is what I am striving for. My boys are my world. My eldest starts school in less than a month, and I have an almost panic attack when I think about it, and cry. He is so ready for school, I am not ready for him to go out in the big world and be away from me every day, but I will have to be ready very soon.
    I have been an attached parent from day 1 (eg co-sleeping etc, long term breastfeeding), and my son is the most outgoing, confident, independent little guy ever. It feels like I actually did something right with him. People used to tell me he would always be clingy to me, and never have confidence because of how we raised him. My experience and others I know seem to have the opposite affect with my boys. Not that parenting other ways can't do the same, but it worked for us ya know?
    YAY for less puffiness Chris Did you feel like you over ate? Or did you really need the extra protein you think?
    Calee, I am going for 1200 cal a day but my BMR is 1800. I do have over 100 lbs to lose though, and really don't need to eat more than that anyway, maybe drop some calories once you up the fat?
    There is a formula around, I try to find it for you, how most on here worked out their macros.
    Wow great Robin, good first week
    Wow 5 lbs, way to go Jenn!
    Wow Rosemary 100 lbs! DO you have before and after pics you are willing to share? I too have that much to lose.
    Karin, fat really is amazing, I too do not need to eat anywhere near the amount I used to.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousecatcher View Post
    I am finding it weird though eating fat as I have tried to cut it out of my life for decades. I am not sure though if I am eating enough fat but I will get there.
    Hi Mousecatcher! I just wanted to say that I think ALL of us have that weird feeling about eating so much FAT! When ALL of us have been told our entire life that fat makes you fat and the only way to lose weight is to CUT the fat! Research is never the final answer - it is an ongoing process and continues to find better and more accurate answers - at least, thats they way it should go Everytime I add fat to something my gutt reaction is to cringe!!! Like this morning, cooking my 1 egg + 2 yolks in 2 TB of butter! OMGosh!!! Its so hard to reverse a lifetime of believing FAT is evil.

Someone posted a formula many pages back about how to calculate macros. Maybe someone reading this can direct you? I'm thinking it may have been Demuralist talking about it?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Here it is Mousecatcher:

First you figure up your IDEAL weight in KILOS. This is not necessarily the weight you are aiming for but it it your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
    HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
    HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
    The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)

Since I am fat adapted I am going to try a half 48 hour fast, but won't push it if I can't.
    I say half, as I will have BP coffee in the morning, and chicken bone broth if I need to eat something.
    I will do one of these occasionally, and HFLC the rest of the time. I do have a huge amount of bulge to shift, so I don't think it will hurt. But if I am absolutely starving I will eat, not that I have had a starving feeling in a while.
    Anyone else do fasts sometimes? Some of you only eat 1-2 meals anyway right?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    BMR charts. I find that all of those charts that say I should be able to eat XXX calories to lose or to maintain, are totally off base. I know that if I eat by those charts I gain weight daily, and that I need to come in at 1200 or less to shed weight. I'm 5'4" and weight 149 this morning.

Do any of you find that you can eat by those charts and lose weight? I think that "what" I eat definitely makes a difference. Much easier to maintain on low carb than CW. I'm very curious to see how I do on Primal.
    ^ exactly. My doctor did a step on the scale thingy test - and said that my base maintenance level of calories should be 1500. Meaning - if I just sit on the couch and read a book for 24 hours I will burn 1500 calories. SORRY........... wrong on that one! Its more like 1000. Cuz same as you - I MUST limit my calories to 1200 AND move more than normal in order to lose at more than a crippled snails pace. 1200 calories is my calorie goal with a good 2 mile daily brisk walk! Otherwise - no weight loss. And if I eat much more than 1500 on a daily basis I slowly gain. Isn't it fun having a metabolism that moves in slow motion? I've been trying to find a way to ramp up my metabolism my entire life!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Anyone order Marks new book? I did, so looking forward to reading.
    Is the Biggest Loser on twice a week this time? We got another episode last night.