TaliaK is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My weigh in day was this morning. Here's how I've fared the first week:

Jan 02.....Jan 09
    209.5.....204 Weight
    52.......51.25 Hips
    45.......44.25 Chest
    38.5.....38.25 Waist

I know that the weight is mostly bloat and that's completely fine with me! I haven't been counting my macros this week, I needed time to just concentrate on not eating sugar and grains again. Today I start counting. I think I've been over on my protein, so we shall see!

- Robin
    Last edited by TaliaK; 01-09-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Formatting

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    BMR charts. I find that all of those charts that say I should be able to eat XXX calories to lose or to maintain, are totally off base. I know that if I eat by those charts I gain weight daily, and that I need to come in at 1200 or less to shed weight. I'm 5'4" and weight 149 this morning.

Do any of you find that you can eat by those charts and lose weight? I think that "what" I eat definitely makes a difference. Much easier to maintain on low carb than CW. I'm very curious to see how I do on Primal.
    Those charts are CW. I have tried to eat the way they state and here I am.. bigger than when I started. Primal has made a difference and so fat EMF has helped even more. My doctor wanted me low carb but I am not going to say I am also high fat.. he might stroke out.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm back down to 192 as of this morning.

5 lbs lost this week.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm back down to 192 as of this morning.

5 lbs lost this week.
    whoop whoop she is rockin the scale!
    Karin

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Hi Rosemary,
    You have done great getting the weight off! Have you done it all with Primal eating? Congratulations!

I don't know what the "right" weight is. I am going by how I feel. Not long ago my range was 141-144 and I felt great. I put on some pounds this fall that I'm really uncomfortable with. If I can get down to 140 I will be happy. Anything else will be a huge cause for celebration!

I didn't have much success with the taters because the white potatoes give me an RA response. I can do a couple days but thn have to back off. I do love feeling so satisfied, but not the pain in my hands.
    Hi Calee, I did the entire weight loss on Primal. Of course this is the third time I've taken off near that amount of weight (over 100 lbs.). The first time was a gastric bypass, the second was "eating when you're hungry, stopping when you're full". This time Primal. I feel so good and am seldom hungry that I will continue with the way I'm going the rest of my life. I think I just need to level off weightwise, somewhere. Right now I'm floating between a size 6 and 8. That makes buying clothes very inconvenient. By the way, it's embarrassing that during my adult years I've gained and lost 100+ lbs 3 times. Talk about emotional eating! The potato diet didn't bother my arthritis, it's Osteo, the wear and tear kind. I plan to stop for awhile at 125, see how I feel and look and drop another 5 if necessary. If there's any other 5'4" women out there that have a weight number opinion, I'd like to hear it. It's been so many years since I've seen what a "normal-sized me" looks like I'm not able to recognize it.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    love love love the support and comraderie of this group! Keep up the great work everyone!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Rosemary, I'm 5'4" and aiming for 140, to be honest. That's a size 6/7/8 for my frame.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Is it just me or is it strange to be satisfied with smaller portions. I know its because we are focusing on the fat but.. it makes one ponder. I just ate 1/2 a peeled cuke (peeled cukes are lower in carbs btw) and 80g of my carnitas. I feel like there should be something else but I can not say I am hungry. I think I will make a cup of coffee or tea.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed last night that I am physically satisfied with smaller portions, which is weird for me cause I am a volume kinda girl! But it takes a bit of mental work to stop because well, like mom said, my eyes are bigger than my stomach.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-09-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: double post
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yup, the last 2 nights I have had 6oz of pulled pork and 1/2 an avocado. I am eating off dessert plates.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67