Page 65 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 65

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there. I started PB eating on 1 January after toying with cutting carbs during the latter end of last year. I stopped doing that and put on 5 kgs (about 11) in December alone. I am now fully into PB and eating lots of veggies/protein and am feeling a lot better. I am also not drinking alcohol for January for Cancer Research UK which is helping enormously with my will power. I am not feeling hungry on PB and, like Pebbles at the top of this forum, my binge eatind disorder has improved and I have not binged once. I am finding it weird though eating fat as I have tried to cut it out of my life for decades. I am not sure though if I am eating enough fat but I will get there.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Well, yesterday was less than stellar. I had too much protein at lunch and I think that just threw off my day. I am going to experiment today with keeping my protein under 25g at each meal and see if that doesn't work out better.

STATS:

Calories:1983 (1700 goal so its high)
    Carbs: 36g (35g is goal, so ok here) minus fiber 15g equals 21g net
    Fat: 164g (140g is goal, so its high)
    Protein: 106g (70 is goal, so is high)

Less puffy today though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Australian Friends Your crazy heat wave made the NY news today. I hope you are all safe from fires and well hydrated.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I had an awesome food day yesterday. I met all my macro goals! Its a good feeling.

Gwamma- Shelli said it perfectly. I hope today is a great day for you!

Tomi- yeah girl!!! work it! Congrats!

Paula- I am soooo happy to hear of your success with conquering the binges especially during TOM.

Chris- remember Alice and wonderland where the mad hatter (that would be me) says clean cup! clean cup! move down! move down!? Well "Alice" new day! New day!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Gwamma Thank you for your honesty. We appreciate your encouraging persona here and hope we encourage you too. Way to stand up for yourself! I have begun to do the same in my home.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Love Alice in Wonderland! Yep, everybody move down! I am feeling good today.

I am awed by the honesty, not just within this thread (which I think is one of the benefits of online support), but with yourselves. Congrats!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Mousecatcher!! You'll get to where you need on fat. I've found that for me, it's taken about a week to get to my comfort zone with fat.

I did get the sleep I needed last night. I woke up at 6AM, did Level 1 of the 30 day shred, got kids to school, showered, dressed, breakfast and my lunch and now getting ready to go to work. The girls have their youth groups tonight so Clint and I are going out for dinner. I will probably get a salad or omelet tonight.

My husband and my kids have never said to upset me. They've seen the crap that my mom has pulled on me and knew how much it hurt. The girls and I discuss this often.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Welcome Mousecatcher!! You'll get to where you need on fat. I've found that for me, it's taken about a week to get to my comfort zone with fat.
    VERY TRUE! You will find your sweetspot but it takes a little time.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Good morning,
    I did ok, but not great yesterday.
    13% carb
    32% protein
    55 % fat
    I need to get protein down and fat up. 1329 calories. My goal is 1200. I am still in the hungry stage as I'm not in keto sis, or just barely.

My Victory is being off grains since January 1st. This eating Primal is new to me, but not low carb.I'm already feeling better. While I want these 5-6 pounds that I gained this fall, off today. I realize it's a process. I went from hiking 30-35 miles a week all spring and summer to a desk job this fall without changing calories. Then the holidays and three weeks of travel hit and I was not mindful of sugar and grains or low carb. Enough said.

I'm thinking of all of you across the pond. Please be careful in the heat!

Regarding mothers, I'm sorry for those of you without functional moms, I had the same situation. I'm delighted that my son (turning 39 this month) and I have broken that mold and have a fully functional, loving and honest relationship. I cherish our opportunities to Skype several times a week. I could barely bring myself to call my mother on her birthday once a year. We can change those patterns with our own children. Sending hugs to those that are needing the comfort of a motherly embrace.

calee is offline Senior Member
    BMR charts. I find that all of those charts that say I should be able to eat XXX calories to lose or to maintain, are totally off base. I know that if I eat by those charts I gain weight daily, and that I need to come in at 1200 or less to shed weight. I'm 5'4" and weight 149 this morning.

Do any of you find that you can eat by those charts and lose weight? I think that "what" I eat definitely makes a difference. Much easier to maintain on low carb than CW. I'm very curious to see how I do on Primal.