Page 64 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 64

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Re emotional eating - I think what has changed it for me is, I made a pact with myself a while ago to stop being a victim. DH doesn't always talk nicely to me, and often says little put downs. I do love him dearly, but i have ALLOWED this to escalate over our 28+ years of being together. My family have always considered me to be the failure, and that really impacts on you emotionally, and our children have picked up on this and a couple of them also speak really rudely to me most of the time - however I made this pact with myself about 3 months ago. Now when any of them talk in a nasty way, I just leave.
    Why are you going MUM? they will ask, and so I now just say, Because I do not deserve to be spoken to like that.
    It is interesting how my life has turned around since then.
    Yesterday I tied little goat too close to a tree, he ring barked it, and DH absolutely LOST IT. So I removed myself until he had calmed down, and didn't get drawn into the 'pick on Gwamma' episode. The girls talk to me in a really nice way now- 95% of the time, and it feels fantastic. I think that when we feel good about ourselves, and that is often how others treat us - it can have a huge impact on all facits of our life
    so thats me...............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Broke my original ketosis this weekend and now I'm craving sugar something fierce... I'm well within my carb range, but WAY over on calories (high fat dinner)... no room for even the most healthy of sweets - like fruit. I guess I'll have a glass of Kill Everything tea since it tastes so yummy, and spearminty.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hang in there, Jenn --- these are the toughest days!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Re emotional eating - I think what has changed it for me is, I made a pact with myself a while ago to stop being a victim. DH doesn't always talk nicely to me, and often says little put downs. I do love him dearly, but i have ALLOWED this to escalate over our 28+ years of being together. My family have always considered me to be the failure, and that really impacts on you emotionally, and our children have picked up on this and a couple of them also speak really rudely to me most of the time - however I made this pact with myself about 3 months ago. Now when any of them talk in a nasty way, I just leave.
    Why are you going MUM? they will ask, and so I now just say, Because I do not deserve to be spoken to like that.
    It is interesting how my life has turned around since then.
    Yesterday I tied little goat too close to a tree, he ring barked it, and DH absolutely LOST IT. So I removed myself until he had calmed down, and didn't get drawn into the 'pick on Gwamma' episode. The girls talk to me in a really nice way now- 95% of the time, and it feels fantastic. I think that when we feel good about ourselves, and that is often how others treat us - it can have a huge impact on all facits of our life
    so thats me...............
    Gwamma, the best thing we can do for ourself is to be our own advocate. Not allowing people to talk down to us is so important - I have a history of this and a failed marriage to an abusive man to show for it. I used to just roll over and show my soft underbelly to him when he went on a rampage. I wouldn't advocate for myself with him, but after our separation I began being Fierce Mamma Bear when it came to his abusive interactions with our children. Now in my second marriage, I don't let my husband or his kids talk badly to me and it makes all the difference. We shouldn't have to ask for respect, but we have to! My husband knows that he's gone too far when I growl "get off my arse" at him.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing Gwamma, that really sucks that they are doing that to you

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    B: 2 cups coffee w/ cream and CO oil. Once again more energy and warmth with the CO. It's just weird.

D: Orange Chicken. Kind of a mock of the chinese restaurant style but home made with no added yucky stuff or sweetner, but it does use OJ and some oyster sauce sooo (I don't count macros. *shrug*). It's a little more tart and spicy than the stuff you'd get from take out. No rice. The chicken and veg stir fried up in the fat (I use lard) is plenty.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Can't shake this bad mood today. I have been spending way too much time in front of the computer again. Sigh!.
    Taking my boys and dogs to the park for a bit, then ill get our roast chicken on. Looking forward to that tonight.
    That orange chicken sounds interesting Cori.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    chiming in with today successes!

Food - 1208 total calories
    Fat - 67%
    Protein - 23%
    Carbs - 6%

Yeah!

Also - I walked 2.25 miles

I call it a good day!

2 whole eggs + 2 yolks for breakfast - scrambled in 2 TB butter
    14 grams pork rinds
    1 TB sour cream
    16 oz of mixed veggies (broc, caul and zuch)
    2 TB butter
    4 oz roast

I think I'm happy with todays planning and choices!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Tomi you are doing wonderfully. Go you!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good morning Gang.

Sleep I was wiped out yesterday and went to bed at 7:30pm. I thought it was due to a heavy TTOM. That was only part of it. My GoWearFit band tells me I only slept 4 hrs the night before. Yikes. Last night I apparently tossed and turned a lot.

Macros I am doing a super high fat experiment. My macros for the last 2 days have been 80%, 15%, 5%. I eat more calories than most of you, 1850, so I have room to get 65g protein and 23 g carb in with the fat. MY Basel Metabolic rate with light exercise is 2400cals so I am still at a deficit.

Emotional eating I am an emotional binger. I am happy to report that the HFLC is making big changes for me in this area. I am making it through TTOM without a binge. FYI I dropped all sweeteners because I feel that even the artificial ones cause cravings for me.

Mothers I am truly sorry for those of you whose Mom's were absent or worse abusive. I lost my precious Mom over a year ago to ovarian cancer. In many ways the women on MDA have taken up her role as my friends and confidantes. I do not know what I would do if I didn't have you ladies.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67