Page 63 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 63

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Geo, maybe you should just find a comfy corner and cry it out? Then have a nice cup of tea and maybe a soothing bath. Do something to pamper yourself that doesn't have to do with food. You made it through the donuts? You deserve a pamper.

You know sometimes our emotions don't have anything to do with food or what we are eating, and so food is not going to fix them. (not trying to be a smart ass here, I just know that when I am following a new eating plan I blame everything on what I am eating or what I am not allowed to eat).
    I'm not blaming it on what I'm not or what I am eating. I used to be such a severe emotional eater that I would eat so much that I would puke to mask whatever was bothering. I did this a lot after my mom passed and do it periodically still. Well, haven't really since starting EMF.
    Georgette

Thinking I'm going to have a low carb hot chocolate with my meal and deal with it. It won't kill me on carbs and that is my only concern.
    Georgette

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    hope it helps you feel better
    Is is nearly bed time there too?

It's about 7:45 PM so yes. I'm thinking of going to bed within the hour.

I ate a lot but don't feel stuffed. Had my hot chocolate, heavy whipping cream, almond milk, 99% cacao with sugar free vanilla syrup and I think 8-10 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs with sour cream and hot sauce. My gut feels better, but I still feel the urge to cry.
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I didn't see the lack of sleep thing before I made my comment. sleep deprivation even a little, is a horrible thing. It is amazing the havoc it can reek on the body.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had some way to make you feel better

Do you know what specifically stopped your emotional eating? I haven't done it for months, but can't pinpoint the exact thing that stopped it, I am just so relieved, as when I was doing it, I thought I could never stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I wish I had some way to make you feel better

Do you know what specifically stopped your emotional eating? I haven't done it for months, but can't pinpoint the exact thing that stopped it, I am just so relieved, as when I was doing it, I thought I could never stop.
    The EMF helps with the emotional eating. I used to get a high from it. Then I would have to purge after I ate cause I would just eat too much. This was how I dealt with my mom's death in 2007. I typically have 2-3 days a year where I do this now,
    Georgette

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Hello Jen!!!!

I am also trying to realign in the protein department. It is hard to get the macros right, but once I learned that protein can be converted to glucose, it made sense not to eat too much.

I am glad I am in an experimentation and acceptance phase, it makes all of this finagling of macros and getting into the zone so much less stressful. What I love about LC and keto is my appetite doesn't rule me, so I can work on the macro balance without being in a funk, like I was for years with calorie counting, hungry, fat, and frustrated.
    Hi, stranger! So glad to see you here and that you are doing so well! (I so owe you an email!!) I know the best I've felt was while in a good, deep ketosis but I goofed and hit a wall because I REALLY needed to increase my fat but didn't know it. Glad to finally be back after taking a ridiculously long, drawn out route to get here. Had to address a few other things on the way, though, so I think it was the one I needed to take.

I'm trying to find some really good info to share that I'd read in Primal Body, Primal Mind (Nora Gedgaudas). She's a big advocate of low carb, high fat and moderate protein and has great statistics to back up her recommendations. It's an awesome source of info but I'm double checking my facts before sharing because it's been a while since I read it. Also reading up on Attia's work, as well as Volek and Phinney. I'm not screwing up again, dammit! I thought she says somewhere in her book that more than 25g of protein in one sitting was enough to knock one out of ketosis, but now I can't find that exact quote. I did find where she says that's enough to stimulate mTOR, but I'm looking for something she says about gluconeogenesis. Can anyone help me with this one? (Paleobird? ) I've been sticking to around 25g per meal (and adding more fat) and have been feeling awesome, but I'd love to see some hard facts.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Finished the day at 72% fat, 25% protein and 3, check it, THREE % carbs. 14 total carbs, not net, total.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Hi Calee, I'm also 5'4". Over the past 2 years I've managed to come down from 244 to 130. I have little idea what a 5'4" woman should weigh. I've Googled it and got a spread of 119 - 140. Do you have any idea? Also, I've been floating around 130 lbs for about a month now. I had great success with the potatoes only diet awhile back. In 7 days I lost 8.2 lbs. This last 5 lbs I think I should lose just moves up and down a quarter lb. each way. Thinking about raising my fat percentage.
    Hi Rosemary,
    You have done great getting the weight off! Have you done it all with Primal eating? Congratulations!

I don't know what the "right" weight is. I am going by how I feel. Not long ago my range was 141-144 and I felt great. I put on some pounds this fall that I'm really uncomfortable with. If I can get down to 140 I will be happy. Anything else will be a huge cause for celebration!

I didn't have much success with the taters because the white potatoes give me an RA response. I can do a couple days but thn have to back off. I do love feeling so satisfied, but not the pain in my hands.