Shop Now
    Stats after 1 week:
    Weight down 4.4 lbs
    Waist down 1 inch
    Bust down 1.5 inches
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

calee is offline Senior Member
    Good Morning, I'm just getting started with eating higher fat. I'm going to try to hit my fat numbers and see how I do. I find all of you to be very encouraging. I intended to start yesterday and caved to a tater for breakfast, remnant of eating taters last week to wean off grains. I've now been off grains since New Years day and feel good about it, so not beating myself up about my false start yesterday. I calculated my formula based on what I read in this thread.

Starting weight: 150. Goal: would like to shed 10 pounds but ultimate goal is better health. Mom was celiac so I want to see what Primal does for how I feel. I'm 5'4, on thyroid meds, went through menopause over 10 years ago. Favorite activity: walking and hiking.

Calorie goal: 1200
    Carbs - 30 g
    Fat - 93 g
    Protein - 60 g

I went to change Myfitnesspal goals but found that these were already my gols, but I wasn't reaching the fat goal. This should be interesting.

Thanks for motivating me to really try this!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    One week loss total is 12 lbs, but I am still up 2 from before the holidays. My weightloss should normalize next week as I hit my plateau point of 231.

Yesterday my fat ended up over 80% and honestly, I felt awesome and plowed through a day that kept me out of the house for 14 hours and was full of stressful moments..

Keep it up ladies!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
    I think where a lot of Primals go wrong is in embracing all those yummy primal meats so much that we overdo the protein portion of the equation and thereby knock ourselves out of ketosis. Then, still trying to hold down the carbs, we get stuck in what Dr. Peter Attia of The Eating Academy calls the "Zone of Misery", not enough carbs to run on glucose but too much protein to allow for efficient metabolism of fat. Stuck in the middle and generally feeling like crap.

It seems to me that many people who say, "I can't do low carbs. I tried it and felt awful" perhaps could have gotten out of that Zone of Misery by dialing back the protein a bit. Maybe a filet mignon instead of a porterhouse for dinner.
    Hello Jen!!!!

I am also trying to realign in the protein department. It is hard to get the macros right, but once I learned that protein can be converted to glucose, it made sense not to eat too much.

I am glad I am in an experimentation and acceptance phase, it makes all of this finagling of macros and getting into the zone so much less stressful. What I love about LC and keto is my appetite doesn't rule me, so I can work on the macro balance without being in a funk, like I was for years with calorie counting, hungry, fat, and frustrated.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It's the top end of a pork shoulder, opposite of the leg end so you don't end up with all bone from the leg joint in case you want to ask the butcher... or in case that description makes better sense.
    This might also be known as a rump roast. Make sure your butcher or whomever knows you're not looking for a ham, which is also part of the pig's butt.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Cori.. I am going to try that recipe. I made Marks carnitas he has on the site this week.. AWESOME!!!

Down 5 pounds this morning. Whoop!

Planning my days more carefully so I do not go over on protein and carbs. Protein seems to be the issue more than the carbs. Weird!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Protein seems to be the issue more than the carbs. Weird!
    I have more trouble with protein too.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post

Starting weight: 150. Goal: would like to shed 10 pounds but ultimate goal is better health. Mom was celiac so I want to see what Primal does for how I feel. I'm 5'4, on thyroid meds, went through menopause over 10 years ago. Favorite activity: walking and hiking.

Calorie goal: 1200
    Carbs - 30 g
    Fat - 93 g
    Protein - 60 g

I went to change Myfitnesspal goals but found that these were already my gols, but I wasn't reaching the fat goal. This should be interesting.

Thanks for motivating me to really try this!
    Hi Calee, I'm also 5'4". Over the past 2 years I've managed to come down from 244 to 130. I have little idea what a 5'4" woman should weigh. I've Googled it and got a spread of 119 - 140. Do you have any idea? Also, I've been floating around 130 lbs for about a month now. I had great success with the potatoes only diet awhile back. In 7 days I lost 8.2 lbs. This last 5 lbs I think I should lose just moves up and down a quarter lb. each way. Thinking about raising my fat percentage.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 01-08-2013 at 09:04 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Someone brought donuts into work and I am avoiding them by adding CO to my tea. Curses!!!
    Georgette

I am skipping my workout today. I have to leave work at 1 for dentist appointments. It's 12:40 now. Won't get lunch either... will sip my Herb Ox as I feel a headache coming on. Day 2 of the detox (after my dance with sugar this weekend) is what I'm blaming.