Page 6 of 209 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 6

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I agree Chris.

Back on Sunday, I got into some ice cream after 6 clean LCHF days. The difference was that it wasn't a binge at least not like the old normal. The only negative is that the sugar influx affected my weight loss this week.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm going through the recipe links that y'all have posted and copying and pasting them into a word document that way I have them saved. This will make it easier to find recipes to try out and make. Thanks ladies!!!
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Here's something I was just thinking about. If you don't have the macros for a recipe, are there any websites that you can enter the ingredients into and get a display of the macros? I was trying to Google this and can't find anything.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    If you plug in the ingredients to myfitnesspal in the recipes, you can tell it how many servings (or just leave it for the whole recipe) and it will give you the macros. But there may be easier ones than myfitnesspal to use. It is free.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have thought about this, and decided that I am NOT going to punish myself by going really strict to make up for yesterday. I am just going back to what I have been doing. It was working, yesterday was a fluke.

Just a side note...if you are hankering for ice cream, what I have been doing for my boys is to whip 1C of HWC to fairly stiff, add 4T nut butter (for them it is PB) and 2 droppers of liquid stevia, whip that together. then serve with a T dark chocolate chips on top. It Satisfies the craving for ice cream, is sooo easy to make, and is LCHF!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

That sounds great. I would rather not eat ice cream anyway after watching "Sugar:The Bitter Truth" Too much Fructose and of course it kicks you out of nutritional ketosis.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Your approach sounds good. The "ice cream" sounds good, except that I'm not craving any sweets these days (hooray!). [Of course, who's to say what's going to happen when TOM arrives]
    -- Ruth

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ladies

Thought I'd join ya'll for January, and so I uploaded a recipe for broccoli casserole to the group page. (I used SparkPeople to find the macros for the recipe.)

The last few months have been hellish, but I'm feeling like getting back on track now. (I had some medical issues come up in September and for the past few months nutrition and eating properly has been the least of my worries.) So this January challenge is perfect, thanks!

I'm doing a soft restart, but my macros ended up being decent for yesterday (and excellent on the fat side!). 63% fat, 16% Protein, and 21% carbs. 1883 calories. I'm going to juice for a couple of weeks to try to load up on phyto nutrients, so my carbs are going to be higher for a little bit before they eventually settle.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    For those of who will start tweaking after a bit (none of us, right?)... I've been reading some nutritional ketosis threads over at Low Carb Friends and I re-read chapter 8 of PB last night. Both essentially say that you lock down protein and carbs (and this might take a bit of tweaking) and then after that you use fat as a lever to go up and down. Makes sense....

Also, FWIW, over on the other thread, most woman needed to be at the lower end of the protein range (the .6 range Paula cites in the OP). It was difficult for a lot to transition. I found that early this week. I had to give myself permission to eat a bit higher calorie and focus on retraining my body and getting to satisfaction again.
    -- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good Stuff Ruth.

+1 to not limiting fat in the beginning. I am eating all the fat I can take and still staying within a decent calorie range.

Welcome lissee!

Page 6 of 209 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast