Page 59 of 209 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 59

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    ill have to try that one I think.
    Next time I stock up on meat will get some pork butt (whatever its called here, don't remember seeing butt though).
    It's the top end of a pork shoulder, opposite of the leg end so you don't end up with all bone from the leg joint in case you want to ask the butcher... or in case that description makes better sense.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ah yep, I think ill be able to ask for the right thing.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Have been doing a little tweaking on the food charts.......... I've decided I will start each day with 2 eggs + 2 yolks, scrambled in 2 TB butter. That will give me a good fat base to work on. This meal may not be until late afternoon cuz I often fast until I get home from work - all depends on how the morning goes. But that would make a great get home from work meal. but doing this I will have nearly 1/2 my fat grams taken care of with that one meal - and NO carbs, and 1/3 my daily proteins. So, add a bit of meat with some veggies and some fats for dinner and I should be good to go! I like this plan. Eggs are easy, and yummy!

This WILL work!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Have been doing a little tweaking on the food charts.......... I've decided I will start each day with 2 eggs + 2 yolks, scrambled in 2 TB butter. That will give me a good fat base to work on. This meal may not be until late afternoon cuz I often fast until I get home from work - all depends on how the morning goes. But that would make a great get home from work meal. but doing this I will have nearly 1/2 my fat grams taken care of with that one meal - and NO carbs, and 1/3 my daily proteins. So, add a bit of meat with some veggies and some fats for dinner and I should be good to go! I like this plan. Eggs are easy, and yummy!

This WILL work!!!!
    That sounds like a great idea. I was not eating eggs, as when I was having the issues with my gall stones they made me feel sick. But will try again.
    Could always add HWC if needing more fat in there. Ill work out the macros for tomorrow. I think I am just really wanting to give up coffee for a while. I know its not good for me.

this is what I get:
    Kroger Grade A Large - Egg, 3 egg 210 Cal 15g Fat 18 g Protein
    Pura - Double Thick Cream, 25 ml 115 Cal 11g Fat
    Butter - Unsalted, 2 tbsp 204 cal 23 g fat
    total cal 529 fat g 49 8g protein

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It's the top end of a pork shoulder, opposite of the leg end so you don't end up with all bone from the leg joint in case you want to ask the butcher... or in case that description makes better sense.
    thanx Cori - you are a gem
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

tomi is offline Senior Member
    finished the day with 101 grams of fat!! My all time highest! After eating a bit of the left over fish/veggie thing I made the egg thing - very yummy and very filling. I think I could start the day with that and not be hungry again until dinner. I better stock up on eggs! Since my son eats 6 for breakfast daily he's been buying them, but come next week he'll be moved out - so I will have to remember to keep the fridge full of eggs for me. Sure wish I could find a good safe reliable free range option. Less omego 6 to worry about. I need to start taking my fish oil again!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Great one Tomi!
    No farm with free ranging chickens nearby?

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Oh you people! I leave you alone in this thread for less than 24 hours and you all go mad as cut snakes and leave me over 100 posts to read!

Huzzah for all the successes, and encouraging hugs for those who are struggling a little. Good luck everyone.

So - I'm just reporting in (yes, I know I said I wasn't going to get on the scale, but was too curious):

First week weight (or more likely water) lost - 2.2 kg (that's almost 5 lb)
    Waist - 1 cm down
    Hips - 1 cm down
    Feeling pretty good (not that I've worked out all that hard this week - got an injury)
    No bingeing whatsoever, nor even the urge to have carby/sugary crap (big plus)

I had a very small piece of my sister's birthday cake (mostly the nutty/creamy bits) the other day, and it was okay/meh. Didn't trigger anything (yay me!).

I was feeling very blue weekend before last because none of my summer clothes fit anymore, so I had to go out and try and find some more. Ack. Now THAT was depressing. I don't mind spending the money if I can actually FIND something I like and which makes me feel half decent, but the dressing-room mirrors told another tale and I was upset. I really had to battle the body-bashing thoughts and instead be mad at manufacturers who don't design clothes to fit my rather special and bootylicious shape.

Anyway, I didn't come home and emotionally eat about it; if anything, it's made me more determined to stick this month's experiment out, and hopefully take it beyond. My big problem (seems I'm not alone here) is wanting results NOW, and I have to fight any unreasonable disappointment that I haven't lose "enough". I've set very, VERY modest goals for myself this year, because on all previous occasions where I have a "goal weight by goal date" I've not made it, and just get miserable and self-destructive as a result. All I'm after is 1 cm (hips) / 1 kg per month - that's very doable, and if I keep that schedule all year, by 2014 (NOT tomorrow, NOT February - by 2014) I will be looking and feeling great. Patience ...
    Last edited by Sigi; 01-08-2013 at 04:13 AM.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think for me, the thing that is helping me to let go of the notion of immediate results is that I see this more as the way I will be eating, or very close to it, for life. I am feeling good, some energy is coming back and I feel like I can go out to eat and still make it work easily. Weight loss will be a bonus. But it won't do me any good if I drop it quickly only to put it back on because I had not gotten this eating plan ingrained into my habits.

Yesterdays Stats...

Calories...1774 (goal is 1700, I consider this smack on)
    Carbs 36g minus Fiber 16g equals Net Carbs of 20 (goal is 35g with a 20g net, again smack on)
    Fat 156g (goal is 140g so tad high)
    Protein 73g (goal 70g so pretty much there)

Not sure how my fat can be 12g over and my calories only 74 over, I must have messed up the original math. Ah well close enough, none of these measurements are precise enough for science but hopefully precise enough for the fat to go away.

p.s. getting dressed for work this morning, pants are snug, rings are snug, belly looks puffy. It feels like I am retaining water as opposed to letting it go! Weird. Taking a 50oz bottle of tea to work for the morning, and a liter of water for the afternoon. Will also drink water at lunch (the boss is taking us all out to lunch after our annual meeting).
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-08-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day