Page 58 of 209 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 58

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yep making my eating window afternoon/evening. Currently doing BP coffee in the morning, and may change that after this 30 days.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Final figures for today:

Fat 137 gm (72%)
    Carbs: 29 gm (7%)
    Protein: 92 gm (21%)

Very pleased with that... even more pleased that I now know how to find that on my phone! haha
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hey...

For anyone concerned about fasting glucose levels being higher than post prandial--- read this:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74952.html

And drink some green or oolong tea. I personally recommend oolings as they are my own favorite even though I currently cannot drink them.

Food today.

B: 2 c coffee w/ cream. No CO today... and again, weird but less energy and no "warm" feeling.

D: Slow roasted cuban pork. If you aren't familiar... it's seriously fatty-licious. Its kind of slow cooked in it's own fat and juices and a marinade of sour orange (tastes like 1/2 OJ 1/2 lime juice) and garlic with some roasted onion and colored pepper strips, and a side of Collard greens.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hey...

D: Slow roasted cuban pork. If you aren't familiar... it's seriously fatty-licious. Its kind of slow cooked in it's own fat and juices and a marinade of sour orange (tastes like 1/2 OJ 1/2 lime juice) and garlic with some roasted onion and colored pepper strips, and a side of Collard greens.
    Hi Cori....do you have a recipe ?????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thats great Jenn
    What calories did it end up being all up?
    How many meals?
    Sorry just working out what everyone else is doing

That dinner sounds delicious Cori.

Aircon is now on, its over 40 degrees
    I will save my walk for as late as possible, or go lift some weights, I wasn't going to add weights yet, so not sure.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Okay I'm shooting for this:
    Ideal weight 132 (maybe doable since I'm older now and have less muscle mass)
    60 grams protein (54-66 range)
    30 grams carbs (27-33 range)
    90 grams fat
    with 1200 total calories.

90 grams fat is 70% - thats only a bit higher than I've been averaging. I'll just have to up the butter, add sour cream to everything and hope my insides can handle the added fat.

Nut butter is totally out for me cuz they make me feel sick - as are nuts in general - cuz I eat way too much of them when they are available!! I can't do coconut oil cuz it seems to just slide right through me............

I might have to go back to my idea of trying to make homemade ice cream with stevia. HWC and 1/2-1/2 + sweetener + whole eggs + vanilla. That would be a total fat bomb if I could make it with stevia. and yummy goodness too! that would mean getting some more Lactaid cuz I'm totally lactose intolerant - on top of everything else! UGH!

On a positive note: even though I've been bloated and feeling crappy in my tummy area - I'm noticing my bum is getting smaller, and those nasty fat rolls on my back are looking less rolly-polly! So, the scale may not be moving, but I am seeing changes in the mirror. And I've have lots of people lately comment on how my face is looking thinner!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Ayla2010;1054627]Shelli where in Aus are you?

Ayla, I'm just down the road from you in Shellharbour.

As for Cinnabon, it's the smell that's tempting more than anything. I learned quite awhile ago that cinnamon rolls and I just don't get along. For a lot of years I thought it was the cinnamon.

Hows the temp there Shelli? Its over 40 already.

Tomi, that looks like a good plan I think, and yay for looking smaller

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I use this recipe... I amend it a little.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cuban-pork-roast-i/

I always use a pork butt rather than a shoulder.
    I double the spices and liquid, marinade with half+ (depending on butt size) and reserve half, and add the reserved half as needed through cooking... I cook until it is falling completely freaking apart. Not just "done". This takes longer than the 2 1/2 hours suggested. Like 3 or 3 1/2. YMMV. This may just be my oven. Or that I tent to buy larger pork butts.
    The dry spices I toast then wizz in a spice grinder, then it goes in a blender with liquid and rough chopped garlic. Wizz until smooth.
    Also I add way more garlic... triple or so.
    I tend to add a Tsp of coriander seed to the dried spices too... but that isn't very traditional.
    I put a couple of bay leaves in the pan while cooking it as well... IMO a bay leaf or two never hurt a thing.

I don't trim the pork butt... I leave all the fat on it. And use a deep pan that fits close to the meat so that it keeps the meat fat and juices kind of close on the meat as it cooks.

Where it says "carve" it shouldnt require more effort than pulling apart with forks.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ill have to try that one I think.
    Next time I stock up on meat will get some pork butt (whatever its called here, don't remember seeing butt though).