Page 55 of 209 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 55

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bet the goat would be a cool pet

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    WTF! I weigh more than some of the biggest loser contestants? Seriously? Crap!!!
    don't go there Ayla - focus on the small positives

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I bet the goat would be a cool pet
    yep he is a neat little pet - however, very destructive. He jumps in the windows and totals my house....... however he loves curling up on my lap, and loves kisses, loves going for rides in my naughty little red car etc... They are very intelligent, but just so damned destructive
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    don't go there Ayla - focus on the small positives

yep he is a neat little pet - however, very destructive. He jumps in the windows and totals my house....... however he loves curling up on my lap, and loves kisses, loves going for rides in my naughty little red car etc... They are very intelligent, but just so damned destructive
    trying very hard, maybe ill skip this season.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Geo, thanks so much for the pep talk. I am finding it much easier to focus on health and rehab since I don't get on the scale anymore. I found it impossible to not think about the number when I saw it every day. And it has been at least 3 years since the number was going down, that is a lot of crappy days if I let that get to me!

I posted the 20 mile march article. I think it is very pertinent here because it talks about setting a goal daily that is a slight push but doable and doing nothing less and nothing more. It is daily consistency that breeds success. The article also talks about only setting goals that you are in total control of. In other words, do not say "I will lose a pound a week" because we all know that the scale doesn't always show our successes or our failures. You can say "I will stay within my macro goals for the next 2 weeks (or whatever time frame you are comfy with)". That is a goal that you do have TOTAL control over, that is measurable, and that is attainable.

Maybe we can set a goal that every time we weigh and complain about the number that we also have to say something about the positive change we are experiencing.

p.s. I am by no means suggesting we curtail complaints-that is an important part of why we are here -to be able to vent and to support each other, I am just trying to suggest ways we can stop the focus on the number on the scale.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Two things come to mind:
    1. Since you don't have a gallbladder digestive enzymes and/or HCL might be helpful.
    2. You have thyroid issues.. This can make weight loss a crapshoot.
    First - I don't know what HCL is..........
    Second - I'm on Armour and my thyroid is now slightly overcompensated, but the doc says as long as I feel good I can stay where I am. Apparently my thyroid is in a happy place now. Does that still mean I have thyroid issues?

Honeybuns - I think you're on to something about the type of fat ............ cuz when I eat almond butter I bloat up! Thats why I stopped buying it for a short time - then I found it at Costco for a GREAT price and was hooked again. I need to just wave the white flag where the nut butter is concerned!

I'm gonna hang in there........... I'll give it a good go before throwing in the towel. And, Geo, YES! I want immediate results! Isn't that what we all want But I totally hear what you're saying........ this isn't going to happen over night - but why does it take so much longer to LOSE the weight???? I can gain 10 pounds in 2 weeks --- but it will take me 2 years to take it off! Damn!

Anyway........ daily report: nothing. I've eaten nothing so far today and it currently closing in on 4 pm. Last food was the almond butter at 9 pm yesterday - so I'm working on a 19 hour fast today. But I am about to cook up some bacon right now Dinner will be fish/veggie Thai stirfry thing that hubby made last night. Its yummy! I need to make a list of fat foods and hit the grocery store.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ayla you are making me lol with your BL updates. I watched it last night. Not sure if I will watch next week.

NZGwanma I have a full grown male nubian goat as a pet. He is as big as a great dane, and lives in his own shed.

Chris & Geo Thanks for the inspiration.

My want it now syndrome comes from gaining 35 lbs back from my primal low that I hit over a year ago. I need to recognize that it may take a year just to get back there.

Paula, I was bawling all the way through.
    I really hope they don't make those kids weigh though. I heard one of them say something about burning calories while exercising, and that is shit they make a kid think like that

We can all do this. It is hard not to be patient, I am really trying though.
    My main motivation is not being the fat mum at school. My son starts big school in a month, I know I won't get the weight off by then, but I want to make a dent in it. I would just hate it if he was made fun of because of me. I imagine 5-6 year olds aren't like this yet, but I can't risk it.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I just made the most awesome dinner. I had the burgers that I mentioned earlier with the pepperjack cheese, onions and peppers. I also added half an avocado and a bit of ranch dressing. It was amazing and I am right where I need to be on macros for the day!
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I had pulled pork and half an avocado.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    those dinners sound awesome!
    So paula you are eating almost no veg too? I feel so much better without them. A little broccoli is OK for me though. Last nights salad made me feel quite bloated and full.

I am finally having my new york steak tonight.

Its 11.30 am and 35 degrees C (95F) already Its going to be over 40 today.
    Will be turning on the aircon soon.