Page 54 of 209 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 54

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have found that the type of fat makes a difference in how you feel. Maybe Tomi's bloating could be from one of the fats. I know that when I eat too many almonds I bloat horribly. No more chomping down for me. That was NOT comfortable.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Damn Jillian is scary!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I have found that the type of fat makes a difference in how you feel. Maybe Tomi's bloating could be from one of the fats. I know that when I eat too many almonds I bloat horribly. No more chomping down for me. That was NOT comfortable.
    I think this is what I need to experiment with. Pork fat seems to do weird things to me.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Rome wasn't built overnight and we can't expect ourselves to rebuild our Rome overnight as well.
    When I was most successful with fat loss(2006-2007) I told myself this daily. I had it on my fridge, on my desk at work, even on a post-it note in my purse. My head is wrapping around this idea again for the first time since 2007. It's kind of like the crazy guys that Rob Schneider plays in all Adam Sandler's movies who says "You can do it!" is there to cheer me on. I know, strange example but I was watching The Waterboy with my oldest daughter the other day and this is what my brain has stuck with. We can't get discouraged. We gotta keep on, keepin' on.
    Georgette

OK fixed my settings.
    Is this OK? Aiming for 65 kg for now. I am 107.4 kg, and 158 cm tall.
    Calories - 1600
    Carbohydrates - 40g (10%)
    Protein - 60g (15%)
    Fat 133g (75%)

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Have any of you read about insulin resistance? Have any of you been tested? I ask because it is a huge help to my mind shift. Once I realized that my eating habits had led to a metabolic issue wherein my body is unable to process glucose and needs to relearn to use fat for energy, then it makes more sense why I go up and down. It also helped me stay on course for over 50 days straight, because I am going to have to reteach my body. I can't give up when my body flounders, not knowing what to do. So I just keep trying to reduce sugars in my system, try to derive as much of my energy from fat/protein, and wait until my body catches on.

Admittance: I was on strict for 54 days, but was off the reservation (meaning yes, I ate sugar and grains, including wheat! the horror! ) for 14 days.

That article someone posted about the 20 mile walk is awesome. It talks about measured discipline. Starts, stops, and great risks take a toll and don't lead to success as much as setting goals and keeping to them for extended periods of time.

I am committing to 6 months of no sugar until July 4th. I'll beat this addiction yet! We all can if we just keep at it.

Kymma you can beat the sugar dragon! The extra fat really does help.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Okay - I can give it a month and see what happens. I was wondering if there was some sort of adjustment period. I remember reading the "miserable for the first 6 weeks" part on Attia's blog - but didn't remember anything about bloat and gain. I'll stick it out - try to up the fat just a tad more and decrease the others a tad. Guess I need to start eating avacados - not may favorite. I'll do some more research on upping the fat and try some of the suggested "fat bomb" ideas and recipes. The weird thing is - I tried this once before and I quickly lost 10 pounds and felt really great! So I'm not sure what is different now.

But, I won't complain anymore - I'll just knuckle down and stay the course. But I sure don't want a month to go by with NO weight loss! That would totally blow my schedule! My official weigh day is friday - so I'll check back in and report. Thanks for the help
    Two things come to mind:
    1. Since you don't have a gallbladder digestive enzymes and/or HCL might be helpful.
    2. You have thyroid issues.. This can make weight loss a crapshoot.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post

Is the goat going to be food Gwamma?
    No Ayla we don't eat anything with a name !!!! This is middle DD goat, but very cute, and intelligent, but not edible. Our middle DD was out hunting and the mother goat up and left the wee baby - way up in the back blocks. It must have only been a day old, because it still had a wet umbilicus. Anyway its now a cute pet, and won't grow very big, as they are so inbred in the wild in NZ, that a bit stumped growth wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Tomi Complain away. That's what MDA friends are for.
    I agree Pebbles - this is a great dumping /inspiration forum, and its good sometimes to offload.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Seems like most of us are looking for a fast fat loss program and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, it ain't gonna be fast no matter what you do. You can't expect to drop months or even years of bad habits in a few weeks. You've got to retrain your body and your mind as to what your body needs for fuel and how to burn it. I think if we can all agree to give this a month to see how things move and not drop out of the program, then we're all at least giving it a fair shake.
    This is so true. We all live in this instant society - but this weight aint gonna go anywhere fast. As Geo implies - it took years to get here, so the weight loss aint gonna happen overnight !!!!!!!

SMALL STEPS !!!!!!!

I know that some people have had huge quick successes, but thats not for all of us. And we must focus on the small things. I have been so disillussioned lately that I have forgotten how well I am feeling after years of being unwell. However you guys are making me realise that I have to celebrate the small things.
    Keep at it all of you
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    WTF! I weigh more than some of the biggest loser contestants? Seriously? Crap!!!