Page 53 of 209 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 53

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    OK so first week lost 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs) and 3 cm (just over an inch) off my waist.
    I know its not terrible, but had a moment of disappointment, but its all good, will keep going and I will get there

I am studying to be a naturopath, via distance learning, so at home.
    Wow Ayla that is a huge loss. Well done you !
    and good on you for doing this course. I think that we all have to do something for ourselves, whether it be study, exersize etc.... and that is a huge goal but a goodie !!!

Took baby goat for a walk this morning, and on the way back it started to rain, so we have a wee run - and buga buga buga I went over on my ankle !!!!!! So am limping around after doing the ICE thing. Am kicking myself thou, as this will take a wee while to come right !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ooh ouch! Hope it heals fast.

Damn the biggest loser makes me cry, every damn time. I wish they lost weight slower and primally but of course that wouldn't make good tv

Is the goat going to be food Gwamma?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Okay - I can give it a month and see what happens. I was wondering if there was some sort of adjustment period. I remember reading the "miserable for the first 6 weeks" part on Attia's blog - but didn't remember anything about bloat and gain. I'll stick it out - try to up the fat just a tad more and decrease the others a tad. Guess I need to start eating avacados - not may favorite. I'll do some more research on upping the fat and try some of the suggested "fat bomb" ideas and recipes. The weird thing is - I tried this once before and I quickly lost 10 pounds and felt really great! So I'm not sure what is different now.

But, I won't complain anymore - I'll just knuckle down and stay the course. But I sure don't want a month to go by with NO weight loss! That would totally blow my schedule! My official weigh day is friday - so I'll check back in and report. Thanks for the help
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

i hate malls, thankfully I rarely need to go to them (our supermarkets aren't stand alone, I go occasionally to supermarket for oils and tuna generally). I miss that about NZ having stand alone supermarkets.

Mayo and avocado is nice together.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi Complain away. That's what MDA friends are for.

Here's my complaint...How come it only took me a week to blow up 14 lbs but will likely take 2 to lose it? Honestly, I'm not sure high fat will work for me long term either until I get to the point of losing new weight. I have been bouncing between 230 and 250 for 6 months. So the weight I have lost so far impresses me not at all.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    After reading some posts in this thread, I have come to a conclusion. Seems like most of us are looking for a fast fat loss program and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, it ain't gonna be fast no matter what you do. You can't expect to drop months or even years of bad habits in a few weeks. You've got to retrain your body and your mind as to what your body needs for fuel and how to burn it. I think if we can all agree to give this a month to see how things move and not drop out of the program, then we're all at least giving it a fair shake. After checking my macros on MFP, this is the first day that I am finding I have the macros pretty much dead on. Give it time ladies. Rome wasn't built overnight and we can't expect ourselves to rebuild our Rome overnight as well.
    Georgette

Yep I agree Paula, thats what we are here for to listen to each other

I hope things move down soon for you Paula.
    The past 2 months (eating 90% primal) I have been up and down between the same 1-2 kg, and I am not quite past that point right now, so hoping really focussing on eating well, will keep things moving down for me too.

Damn, the contestants were dropping like flies in the first 5 mins of working out. They push them way too hard
    Jillian was kicking them out after they were passing out. I hope they aren't going to push these kids like that

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    After reading some posts in this thread, I have come to a conclusion. Seems like most of us are looking for a fast fat loss program and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, it ain't gonna be fast no matter what you do. You can't expect to drop months or even years of bad habits in a few weeks. You've got to retrain your body and your mind as to what your body needs for fuel and how to burn it. I think if we can all agree to give this a month to see how things move and not drop out of the program, then we're all at least giving it a fair shake. After checking my macros on MFP, this is the first day that I am finding I have the macros pretty much dead on. Give it time ladies. Rome wasn't built overnight and we can't expect ourselves to rebuild our Rome overnight as well.
    This is what I need to remind myself of every single day.

Shit ive gone over in my fat already ,I had a BP Coffee this morning, and just ate 3 rashers of middle bacon.
    According to MFP, I am over. WTF? I am at 76 g.
    Hang on I think my goals vanished!