Page 51 of 209 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 51

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, great suggestions for extra fat and thanks for the app inf, I haven't used it a lot yet.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This is the first day that I am able to skip lunch and not anything. I'm hoping I'm hungry at dinner cause I really want a burger with pepper jack cheese and sauteed onions.
    Georgette

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    just an fyi on the IF versus eating question...I was just reading the Dr. Attia blog and he mentions (along with several other of his commenters) that their fasting morning blood sugar numbers were higher than their post prandial numbers when they are using intermittent fasting than when they were in normal ketosis. It is in the comments in Part II of his Ketosis series.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    just an fyi on the IF versus eating question...I was just reading the Dr. Attia blog and he mentions (along with several other of his commenters) that their fasting morning blood sugar numbers were higher than their post prandial numbers when they are using intermittent fasting than when they were in normal ketosis. It is in the comments in Part II of his Ketosis series.
    So does that mean we should eat each meal for awhile? I didn't want to eat anything as I felt like if I ate, I would get sick. I can't view Dr. Attia's blog at work and by the time I get home, I'll be so busy with other things, I'll just forget to look. To add to this, I had a cup of tea with CO at noon. I think that's why I'm full.
    Last edited by geostump; 01-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This is the first day that I am able to skip lunch and not anything. I'm hoping I'm hungry at dinner cause I really want a burger with pepper jack cheese and sauteed onions.
    OMG that sounds absolutely delicious! My mouth is WATERING!!

Define post prandial.... lol Nevermind, I'll google it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Damn turns out it wasn't steak I had taken out of the freezer, it was lamb, was still delicious, but I was so looking forward to the steak. I made a salad with celery, cucumber, peppers, red onion and tomato all diced up and mixed with mashed avo, and well fed mayo. I think I ate too much though, as I felt uncomfortable after, so gotta watch that one.
    Chris, yay for not wanting to cheat, that is so awesome. Will check out your link later.
    Judymac, good luck for losing the middle, here is hoping things move down with the eating moar fat soon.
    Geo, love the thigh burn! I too put butter in my broth I make, it is so yummy! If you need to eat 3 times a day then that is what your body obviously wants I just can't any more, but if I do need to eat more I will. I am really listening to my body now, I never knew how before.
    Pebbles, wow that was a lot of a supplements, what are you still taking?
    I am only taking fish oil, but thats because I can't get decent fish, but still looking into that.
    What does maca root do nameless?
    That sounds good honeybuns, I should be getting some coconut butter today, so might try it in my BP coffee tomorrow. How does it compare fat wise to coconut oil?
    Chris not sure which is worse, but I remember reading about too much protein knocking you out of ketosis, anyone know if I am remembering right?
    Tomi that sucks I think I remember reading in PBPM that if you take HCL (think??) before eating it can help, will have a look again today.
    Just after starting eating primally again, I found out I had gallstones, and the Dr wanted me to see a surgeon straight away, instead I did a gall bladder flush (drinking olive oil and lemon juice over a couple of hours) sounds crazy I know. It made me sick from both end for 2 days, but did not have any pain since then. I have not yet been for a repeat ultrasound, but don't see the need to right now. I truly believe the stones are gone, but I did not check the loo to be sure LOL. I kind of wish I had now, but never mind.
    Aw don't quit Tomi, we know this can work, I don't what you might need to change specifically, but I am sure someone will have great advice for you.
    Jenn do you think home made broth can have the same affect? Thats great you kept the weight off even with the cupcakes.
    Robin, I did try marscapone, but I just couldn't enjoy it.
    Pebbles, that is what I am telling myself about the 30 days, and I am determined to stick with it for that time period at least.
    Gwamma, would have to be the flour in the batter for sure.
    Geo, thats great hope you get to enjoy your burger though. That not hungry feeling amazes me, and I just can't explain it.
    Chris can you explain that so slow me gets what it means? LOL its still early in the morning :P

OK so first week lost 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs) and 3 cm (just over an inch) off my waist.
    I know its not terrible, but had a moment of disappointment, but its all good, will keep going and I will get there

I am studying to be a naturopath, via distance learning, so at home.
    Have completed my first unit (A & P) now just waiting to get instructions on organising the exam. And have started my second unit which is Remedial Massage, I am excited about that.
    Its so weird to be studying though since ive been out of school for 13 years
    I am keeping the BP coffee to only one a day (as my morning meal), as 2 was pushing me over in fats. Will eat late afternoon/dinner, unless hungry earlier.
    I def got the steak out last night, so looking forward to that, with broccoli and butter, mmmmm

So, what this means is that when doing IF your blood sugar is higher than it is when you're eating a ketogenic diet... but how long were they IFing though?

Right now, I have no qualms about eating 3 meals a day. I still haven't broken my brain of that need to eat at the appropriate times, but I have been spacing meals out further and further each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Jenn do you think home made broth can have the same affect? Thats great you kept the weight off even with the cupcakes.
    Just doing what Dr. Attia said to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I am studying to be a naturopath, via distance learning, so at home.
    Have completed my first unit (A & P) now just waiting to get instructions on organising the exam. And have started my second unit which is Remedial Massage, I am excited about that.
    What school??? I wanna do it too!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ill have to read that guys blog, do you have a link handy to the broth thing?

Study Natural Medicine Courses
    this school, I am sure they take international students. I do pay $440 a month for it, not sure on the international price. Its going to take up to 4 years to complete, but trying to do it in less, my youngest starts big school in 2015 and I want to start working part time then, and eventually have a mobile naturopath/pet homeopath (studying this too), and massage practice.