Page 50 of 209 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 50

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tomi I hope someone can answer your question - like Paleobird or Paula. I wish I could.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Broke my ketosis this weekend to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Back at it today though. Son's birthday is Thursday. Part of me wants a cupcake, to celebrate with him on the actual day, but part of me is thinking that breaking ketosis for a cupcake just isn't worth it (hoping to get back to ketosis by about Wednesday by working out today and tomorrow and depleting the glucose stores). *torn*

Another thing to consider is that I'm making cupcakes for DS's class. 1 box makes 24 cupcakes. I got a box for home too... which means, potentially, 24 cupcakes in my house. Not cool. Maybe I'll invite grandparents over for cupcakes on Thursday and force them to take some home with them. OR Maybe I'll just make 6 for at home and toss the batter for the rest.

Feeling very hypoglycemic today - naturally after all that sugar yesterday. Thinking some Herb Ox is needed.

OH! And amazingly I kept the weight off despite the cupcakes this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    So much to respond to! Y'all were busy this weekend!

Pebbles, if you have a phone that will take apps the MFP app actually does the percentages. I use the phone and computer in concert with the MFP as each has a couple of nice features, but together they have about everything you need.
    Me too! I want a salt water tank sooo badly! But not enough time to maintain right now.

Where do I go on my phone to see my percentages? I'm missing something.
    I FOUND IT!! YAY! I love it! Says my totals for today are 73/20/7!! YAY!

TaliaK is offline Junior Member
    Good morning, Ladies.

Glad to see so many people sticking to it! This is day 6 for me. I'll do an "official" weigh in and measure on Wed, but I know I'm down about 4.5 lbs at the moment from experimental steps on the scale. I love that the bloat dissapears quickly, always great for the motivation seeing a large chunk drop off quickly!

For the most part, I've been just eating during my window of 3hrs or so that I have at home after work. I'll eat something small in the morning (goat cheese & berries, coconut milk w/ cocoa powder, or some cheese) and then coffee & hwc while at work. I actually really prefer doing it this way, I've finally given into that after fighting the "But I have to eat something on my lunch break!" demons.

Found something that helped my dessert cravings hugely... I finally bought some mascarpone to try. I opened it up, put a couple tablespoons in a small bowl, added a tiny sprinkle of sweetener (Splenda for me), a couple drops of vanilla & lemon extract and BOOM! Cheesecake craving averted. Next time I try it, probably this evening, I'll try it without the sweetener as I know I need to start eating less of it.

- Robin

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Broke my ketosis this weekend to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Back at it today though. Son's birthday is Thursday. Part of me wants a cupcake, to celebrate with him on the actual day, but part of me is thinking that breaking ketosis for a cupcake just isn't worth it (hoping to get back to ketosis by about Wednesday by working out today and tomorrow and depleting the glucose stores). *torn*

Another thing to consider is that I'm making cupcakes for DS's class. 1 box makes 24 cupcakes. I got a box for home too... which means, potentially, 24 cupcakes in my house. Not cool. Maybe I'll invite grandparents over for cupcakes on Thursday and force them to take some home with them. OR Maybe I'll just make 6 for at home and toss the batter for the rest.

Feeling very hypoglycemic today - naturally after all that sugar yesterday. Thinking some Herb Ox is needed.

I say make the cupcakes and send them off. Maybe your son would like to save one in the freezer for his half birthday 6 months from the big day? Good luck on the sugar slopes. We got your back
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member

I say make the cupcakes and send them off. Maybe your son would like to save one in the freezer for his half birthday 6 months from the big day? Good luck on the sugar slopes. We got your back
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi First, I am so sorry that you are frustrated.
    Unfortunately, I think that you have to give it 30 days before you will know for sure. A week is definitely not enough.
    According to the NK experts, the higher fat in relation to the low carb coupled with a mid level of protein is what helps get you into deep ketosis. Jimmy Moore and Dr, Attia both talk about the different levels of ketosis. It is measurable by blood tester.
    I wish I had better answers than "Hang in there and up the fat" Sorry.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Where do I go on my phone to see my percentages? I'm missing something.
    If you have the MFP app on the phone, when you open it tap on "home" in the bottom left corner. Then tap "Summary" in the upper right corner. Then under the day/date there is a blue bar, on the far right in that bar is a circle with a pie chart on it, tap that and ther you have it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Tomi - I also experienced this huge bloated full tummy when I first started high fat last year. My weight also went up, but then it went down. Sadly soon after I started a sugar/grain binge....so the scale didn't continue down. I think you really need to give this a few weeks.
    I have been feeling great lately - energy to burn etc.... however last night I had a piece of battered fish. Boy did I have a bad night. Also this morning my gut is huge !!!!! I am wanting to blame the fish batter, and common sence tells me it must be this - but really?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So Jenn, I obviously answered before I saw that you found it, but left the answer in case others need the help.

tomi, were you losing weight on the low carb and it stopped when you upped the fat, or had the weight loss stopped and you went with HFLC because of that? I think every body is different and every body has a proportion that will set it on the fat loss slope. I do think you need to do something for more than a week to know for sure, but I also note that Dr. Attia went about the process of becoming VLC very slowly over a period of months. Slowly lowering his carbs and proteins and slowly increasing his fats. Maybe you need a slower process, cause it just doesn't cut it to lose sleep because of pain from bloating from your diet!

Karin, add some cream girly, or straight up canned coconut milk. Or better yet use that non-dairy creamer from the paleo blog. (ok, I will find it and add it to our recipe team page).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day