Page 5 of 209 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 5

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    p.s. YEAH Paula!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Fatisfaction is an excellent term!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Kept the tin. I also turned down bagels and iced tea. No power at my house so store BBq chickens for dinner.

TNFrogDogMom is offline Junior Member
    I don't post often but do read the forum frequently gleaning lots of useful bits. I have been in ketosis since August. My macros average 80% fat, 15% protein and 5% carbs. All primal and easy for me to keep to. I average 1500 calories/day. I have lost 30 lbs since August. I plan to stay in ketosis for the long term. I feel my best on ketones. Fasting when needed is no problem. I'll be following this thread and joined the recipe group for new ideas. My best new find is kelp noodles. Wonderful crunch in salads but great filler in chicken soup. I do have 30-40 lbs fat loss to reach my goal of 20% body fat or less. Will get a dexa scan when I am closer. Thanks to OP for starting the thread!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and Thanks for sharing.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So - I think I need a do-over - or at best a start-over. Cuz I blew it super big time today............ Lets just say a box of Lorne Dunnes found its way in to my cart yesterday........... and now they are all gone. Damn little bite sized yummies are just melt in your mouth goodness!

I feel so ashamed................... half yesterday - half today. UGH! I binge very rarely.......... and I should know better than to buy lorne dunne cookies cuz its like trying to eat ONE potato chip. You just can't do it.

Carbs for today = 162 ............. thats a tad over my 30 max. I think I'm going to have pancreatitis or and insulin overdose or something aweful like that. For sure a sugar high - and DROP in a couple hours.

Okay - I screwed up. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm going to try to not eat anything else today. 4 peices of bacon and 20 Lorne Dunnes should be enough.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Yep, we all fall down sometimes. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, cuss yourself out (as appropriate) and start RIGHT NOW to do it right again.

For me, the slips have been educational (even if it took more than once - I can be slow, sometimes). Things were never as good as I remembered them - because I am not that person any more. This has taken some getting used to - like acquiring a taste for fat (yum!!) - but the pleasure I get now from those old foods is not the same as the remembered pleasure. They don't satisfy me the way they once did. Once I accepted that (having proved it wasn't a fluke), resisting temptation got a lot easier.

Maybe that will be true for you -- or maybe not. But it has made a difference for me.

Well, while I am very sad for you Tomi, it does make it easier to admit that I lost it today. I keep a variety of nuts in baggies in my pantry, and mid afternoon I went for a handful of nuts. Well as it turns out one of the bags was pecans with some kind of sweet/hot coating. Didn't even know they were there, threw back a few and bam, finished the bag (about 1/2C). Then a WTF attitude hit, I had a piece of cake (bundt- one bump of the bundt - it was so moist and definitely worth it), and even a PB/nutella chocolate chip cookie.

None of these things, well maybe the cake, was worth the transgression.

I am done with it, at least until I forget how crappy it makes me feel. My tummy is not happy and of course mentally well, it does make you feel like a bit of a failure.

Enough of that. No more guilt, and back on the wagon.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

tomi is offline Senior Member
    well, as sad as I am to hear of your blunders - there is a sense of comfort in knowing I'm not that only one to screw up.

Sometimes that old "me" sneaks back in - even when I know I'm going to be sorry for what I'm eating!!!

I'm going to a party tonight at a restaraunt (no host) - there will be lots of food options (for purchase) and drink options as well. I'm thinking with the way my tummy is feeling I won't be eating much for the rest of the day. I've already consumed 1240 calories, and 1400 is my cap ---- so there isn't room for anything anyway. I will likely have water and just enjoy the company. My best friend and her hubby are home from teaching in Korea (christmas break) - this is their family/friends christmas gathering. I am excited to see her! I just got a text that they just landed in PDX and are safe and sound at the hotel! we won't be drinking much cuz we have an hours drive home after the party. I might let hubby enjoy and I'll be the DD.

anyway............ time to get back to thinking HF/LC --- that definitely does NOT include lorne dunnes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So from a positive perspective, this little binge, is way smaller than what it would have been even a few months ago, and absolutely miniscule compared to what I would have done a year ago. I didn't bother to try to track what I did, because everything was homemade. But a year ago, a binge would have been a pound bag of peanut M&M's, and a pint of Haagen Daas Swiss Vanilla Almond.

I am just sitting with a cup of nice tea, chai spiced with a spritz of HWC, and a few drops of stevia.

I usually do really well at parties, I am always the DD and carry a purse without a handle. One hand holds the clutch, one hand holds the drink, no hands free for food.
    Chris
    Unknown

Page 5 of 209 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast