Page 49 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 49

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I liked the Maca energy boost for sure and that Va Va Voom feeling it gave me, but hopefully nutritional ketosis will eventually do the same.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday morning for breakfast I had eggs cooked in butter served on a bed so greens with the pan drippings poured over. By far one of the tastiest breakfasts I've had in a long time. Think I'll do it again this morning.

I bought some coconut butter yesterday which is made from whole coconut. Maranatha brand. I put some in my coffee this morning and there was no residue from any pulp. Yup, such a high fat content that it all melted. I wouldn't count on it for much fiber.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    reporting in.. I am down 3 since starting EMF almost a week ago. My fat counts have been @ 40-50g short of what I need. So last night to bring it up a bit I put some sunflower butter, softened butter, a smidge of cocoa powder and a little sweetner together and ate it. ohmygosh.. so good. It helped upper my fat a bit as well. Have not been to the store to get the pork rinds etc. I am finding it difficult to stay in my protein range. I always go over. what is worse? Over on protein or too little fat?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    You have no gall bladder right Tomi?
    Ayla - I had my gall bladder removed in 2006 cuz it was completely full of stones. So, high fat can be problematic at times.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Tomi, I think there is a adjustment period to high fat I am also without a GB, but don't seem to be having a problem. Of course YMMV.

Karin, I think getting the fat up should be priority if you can do it. My protein is too high right now too (because I am eating too much), but should settle down soon.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Karin, I think getting the fat up should be priority if you can do it. My protein is too high right now too (because I am eating too much), but should settle down soon.
    ok so if I understand this.. going over on protein is fine, get the fat up. I look at my calories and am not hitting around 1700 like I should. I have finally found out how to hit 1200-1300 though!! crap.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Thus far today, I am not feeling the dip in energy and headachiness that I had yesterday. I felt the drain hit around 10 AM yesterday and I feel like I could bust out a run even though I am at work.
    Georgette

tomi is offline Senior Member
    okay -- instead of waiting until friday to step on the scales, I did it today. I've gained a pound. And I am not at all suprised cuz since starting this higher fat experiment I have been bloated through my mid-section to the point of being uncomfortable. Especially at night - its causing me to not sleep well due to the pressure and discomfort. I wake up in pain.

I know I'm slightly shy on fats, and slightly over on proteins. My averages over the 6 days are 64% fat, 25% protein, 11% carbs. I've had no alcohol and no sugar over these 6 days. I've walked a total of 6 miles over these 6 days as well. If I figure all the numbers I should have lost at the very least 1 pound. Instead I have gained a pound.

So - how long would you go to see if this way of eating is going to work for your particular body? I'm ready to throw in the towel and go back to just low carbing it. I think my body is especially efficient at storing fat instead of burning it! Obviously my carbs are low enough that I'm not relying on those for fuel............ I wonder what would happen if I went ZERO carbs for a week?

I'm frustrated. I wanted to be under 180 by Jan. 1 ............... here it is the 7th and I'm still 183.4. I need to get back to LOSING! This stagnation is making me so angry! I'm really thinking this HF method is not working for me. Unless I'm just not high enough fat and low enough protein and carb. But, then why am so bloated and feeling gross???

HELP!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So much to respond to! Y'all were busy this weekend!

Great loss to start the year Jenn, hope it continues on a downward trend for you What is herb ox?

Woo for purple ketostix Jenn, I use them daily and mine are very dark purple, I love to see it, I won't bother buying another pack after this.
    Herb Ox is a bouillon Paula suggested. Dr. Attia uses 1-2 cubes of Knorr bouillon each day to ensure his electrolytes are elevated to the appropriate levels. Ensuring electrolytes are correct helps to curb the low carb flu. Of course, at this point, most of us are probably past that point, except me who gets to start over this week since I enjoyed some birthday cake this weekend.

Karin I made a dish of cacao butter (could possibly use coconut butter?), cacoa liquor (could use powder), coconut oil melted together, and poured over coconut flakes and chopped up macadamias. Not at all sweet to the disgust of my children LOL but pure fat. Or there is the Free the Animal Fat Bread. I did not enjoy this as much, but its a good source of fat.
    This looks delish! You should add that to the recipe group!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    had to shift quickly past the photos so DH didn't see them, he has always wanted a salt water tank.

Pebbles, if you have a phone that will take apps the MFP app actually does the percentages. I use the phone and computer in concert with the MFP as each has a couple of nice features, but together they have about everything you need.
    Me too! I want a salt water tank sooo badly! But not enough time to maintain right now.

Where do I go on my phone to see my percentages? I'm missing something.

How long should I push out the not eating thing though? I am reluctant to make myself eat, but I also worry about my boys not seeing me eat, but I do tell them its ok not to eat if you are not hungry. They always are eating LOL
    My vote: eat when you're hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    your body is not being malnourished because it is on a tasty diet of human thighs and belly fat.
    OMG Freaking hilarious!!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Did some light weights and about 30 seconds on the stepper. Yeah, I said 30 seconds. My thighs were blazing.
    This made me lol at my desk... oops.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)