Page 47 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 47

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As long as I've been on HFLC I have definitely found that 1 meal a day works best for me due to lack of hunger most of the time.

Most days it's coffee w/ cream(not early morning, more like lunch time) and 1 meal, which is a late-ish dinner (I also go to bed late, and get up late, so it's relative I guess.) That's it.
    Some days I even skip the coffee...

As a side note, and as I posted in another thread, I have been putting some CO in my coffee w/cream the past few mornings and I have to say that it has made a difference for me. More energy, and warmer feeling... and less appetite, which I didn't exactly need but it won't hurt me for a short run so I'm going to see how it goes.

I saw some discussion of claims about CO in that other thread and thought I'd see if it would fire me up... I think those medium chain fats really get the ketones kicking. That's what I think is producing the increased energy and warmth anyway.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Which thread do you mean Cori?
    I have coconut oil in my BP coffee.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Which thread do you mean Cori?
    I have coconut oil in my BP coffee.
    The Shangri-La Diet thing... all discussion of whether it's affecting "set point" or simply suppressing hunger.
    I'm on team Hunger Suppression of course.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ill have a look through it.
    But I have decided not to change anything I am doing for at least a month. But I will eat more when I need to.
    I only want to check calories and macros every so often, as that also used to send me off on a binge.
    I like to see where I am at sometimes, but not use it to eat more to make up calories, or eat less if I have reached my limits if I need to eat more. Know what I mean?

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Ayla, I think that self experimentation is a really positive thing, however I also think that you need to document those results so at least you can look back and see where you are going right and wrong. Maybe for you its not about your food choices and breakdowns, maybe you just document your exersize, sleep, how you feel, and maybe your measurements once a week?
    Anyway just thinking that for me, I like to reflect and adjust to what works for me.
    I have read the Shangri-la thread, and think that there could be something in this oil thing - however I will try it another day....not today LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks for that, i do need to be more proactive about updating my journal so I can keep a note of it for sure.
    I am just sipping a cup of chicken bone broth with a little butter, its really good, I could try this instead of my morning coffee I think.
    The long term aim is to quit coffee though.

I am not going to ditch the coffee - just cut down to 1 or 2 cups per day. I really love my morning coffee and cream. I cannot buy bulletproof here thou, so when I go to america in May I might see if I can bring some back. I have however ordered some yerba mate tea. Hopefully this will arrive in the next week or so !!!!! yay

...small steps....

I don't use the actual BP coffee with my coconut oil and butter. I use organic coffee I can get from the supermarket. Occasionally buy starbucks coffee they grind for me. Should really buy beans and grind them myself.

i also just ordered some yerba mate to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post

i also just ordered some yerba mate to try.
    I look forward to enjoying a cup of tea with my new friend from across the ditch !!!

...small steps....

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I look forward to enjoying a cup of tea with my new friend from across the ditch !!!

Hmm still not hungry.
    About to go for a walk with dogs and children (just a short easy one, but after dinner will be my longer one).
    Its nearly 5 pm.
    Maybe cooking our delicious new york steaks will make me hungry LOL