Damn I feel so damn good.
    This is seriously tripping me out!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Damn I feel so damn good.
    This is seriously tripping me out!
    Welcome to ketoland. Kinda fun, huh?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    It sure is. I never successfully managed previously, even though I thought I was fat adapted, but maybe I truly wasn't.
    How long should I push out the not eating thing though? I am reluctant to make myself eat, but I also worry about my boys not seeing me eat, but I do tell them its ok not to eat if you are not hungry. They always are eating LOL

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ladies Don't want to be a party pooper, but NK is not about eating so little that you are constantly in starvation mode. Some of you gals don't seem to be eating enough. Try to keep your macros and calories somewhat intact even if you don't feel hungry. Just want people to be successful long term.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-06-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

What about when not hungry though Paula?
    Just make myself eat something small?
    I just worry about doing this, since I spent so long eating so much.

What is the best way to incorporate IF into this? Eat 2 meals while meeting the macros?

I think its the BP coffee, I really should try to do this without it I think.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, I think it has to do with how far you are from your goal weight. If you still have a fair amount of "padding" and you are running in ketosis, your body is not being malnourished because it is on a tasty diet of human thighs and belly fat.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Everyone might not agree with this BUT...
    My 2c on the initial major lack of appetite with ketosis is eat when you are hungry.

Yeah you may eat really low cal for a few days or a week, but it will return to a more normal balance as your body becomes accustomed to it. And you will most likely find that you are eating more, and more varied foods such as veggies ect.

Also, I don't think that a day of fasting, or near fasting, here or there is necessarily a bad thing.

As you can tell I'm not of the school that believe that one must for some arbitrary reason eat "x" number of calories every single day. Some days are lower than that imaginary ideal average, some days are higher (when losing weight it's ideal to have more days lower than higher of course). There is actually a theory where folks believe that eating under then having a big caloric day every once in a while to shake things up is better than eating the same every day, but there are a million theories.

Anyway, IMO IF is the bees knees, and occasional 24 hr fasts aren't harmful at all IMO. No reason to worry here.
    But that is just my 2c.

If the under eating went on for a long time or became chronic then I would possibly worry about correcting it.
    I personally have some under eating issues and have had for a long time, but those are tied to a medication I have to take.
    I fretted over it for a while... increasing my fat is one way I can get in enough calories without having to eat volume which is a problem for me, plus increasing my fat intake had the bonus result of helping to control my brain issues.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Thats what I was thinking PB, and as you can see from my siggy, I have plenty of padding.
    That makes sense Cori, I think for now ill just go with it.
    I just made a fat bomb, of macadamias, coconut oil, butter, coconut flakes, and cacao powder all blended together, its like a peanut butter texture, but hoping it sets a little. My children seem to like it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I think that for some people, eating very little can work, but for People with life long food issues it could lead to failure. We all have to figure out what works best for us. I knew I would probably ruffle some feathers when I put that out there, but I wouldnt want someone to quit when they couldn't sustain it. I was just saying that you don't necessarily have to severely limit intake to sustain NK.

Ayla, maybe a small eating window would work for you. I get almost 800 cals at breakfast so I may move to one meal myself.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-06-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

It did lead me to binge in the past when trying pebbles, as I don't think I was truly fat adapted. Now I feel great, and not at all hungry. I don't look at it as limiting due to not being hungry. But I will be conscious of it, and I do think ill stick to my afternoon window of eating. Ill end my current fast though when I feel hunger (or tomorrow morning if still not hungry). I am just scared to force the eating ya know?
    I have never had this feeling of not having to eat before, it truly amazes me.

I used to be the biggest binger there was, I don't think I posted much on it in my journal last year. But every emotion would set me off, and it was awful, I thought id never get it sorted.