Page 44 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 44

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    oh man, awesome tank! had to shift quickly past the photos so DH didn't see them, he has always wanted a salt water tank.

So technically today is my first day since it is my first full day home. It was so nice to sleep in my own bed!

Pebbles, if you have a phone that will take apps the MFP app actually does the percentages. I use the phone and computer in concert with the MFP as each has a couple of nice features, but together they have about everything you need.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

calee is online now Senior Member
    Hello, I'm new to Primal, but not LC. I am reading PBP now. I quit grains on New Years Day. How would I know if LCHF is right for me and how would I come up with my ratios? I have been using MFP for over two years to track. I'm not sure how much weight I have to shed. I have put on six pounds this fall / winter that definitely have to come off. Actually it was 8 but two came off this week.

Help? And may I join you all please?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Calee, I would start with Mark's recommendations in PBP first. Info on PBP pages 231-232.

Most of us here are doing High fat with very low carb and moderate protein.
    There is a formula in my original post if you want to do what we are doing.

Feel free to hang with us no matter what you decide to do.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

calee is online now Senior Member
    Thank you Paula! I will look at those pages and at your original post.

Opps! Could you tell me the name of the chapter please. My Kindle pages are different than the print.
    Last edited by calee; 01-06-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    EMF Report Sunday is my official weigh in day. I've lost 9 lbs and 5 inches since January 1st, but remember that most of that weight was probably water from poor eating over the holidays. I am still 5 lbs over my xmas eve weight.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    New to this thread, still learning the ropes. Started primal again about a month ago. I find that I naturally eat (with primal at least) in this ratio:

Protein 20-30g
    Fat 50-70g
    Carbs 20g (sometimes up to 50, but not often at all)

I drink coffee with coconut oil in the morning.... IF till around noon or 1pm, eat dinner around 6 or 7ish.

Still learning more about the MOAR fat and ketosis stuff.

Stats
    Sex: F
    Height: 5ft
    Weight: 155
    BMI: 30.3

Goal Weight - any lost will be good LOL!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    cori...oh my!!! I am speechless!!! WOW!! The dime story is AMAZING!!! Your tanks are awesome!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Monday morning weigh in
    2 weeks ago I weighed 83kg (183lbs). I put on 2 kgs and took that off over the course of the last two weeks - so not so great with the scale
    however....the measurements have moved - Yay!

WEIGHT = 83 Kg (183 lbs)
    BUST = 37"
    WAIST = 31"
    HIPS = 39"
    THIGHS = 23"

WEIGHT = 83kg
    BUST = 36"
    WAIST = 29"
    HIPS = 38"
    THIGHS = 22.5"

I think me might keep doing this for another week !!! and I havn't had any wine/alcohol for three nights !!! woop - woop
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm noticing that for me at least, its difficult to eat HFLC and keep proteins down. Some things I plan on trying over the next week are to add more fats to my coffee and tea. I'm also going to start eating a half avocado a day with lunch. Going to make some tuna salad in a bit to go with my lunch. Anyways that could make pork rinds more pallatible?

I am officially in low carb flu zone. I'm actually not sure if the Knorr Bouillon in the bone broth is helping with that. My head is killing me and I just want to sleep. I will continue with the bone broth however just because for the first time in my almost 37 years, my fingernails are actually strong.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Just a random thought and I've had a fever for 4 days so bear with me if it's a dumb question. Does anyone worry that eating such a high percentage of fat that they may not consume enough essential nutrients, particularly phytonutrients and others that are escaping my foggy brain. For instance when I plugged in my numbers I should consume about 1100 cal in fat and only 300 in other foods. I think it was 124 in carbs. vegetables may be low cal but can I get the most benefit over the long haul from such a balance. I hope this makes sense, I'm not sure I am making sense to myself right now.