Page 43 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 43

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    AH, but in my high fat plan, pork rinds are essential. lol
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    this is so cool.. pics??
    Umm... I tried to upload a pic of the RBTA I just got today... so pretty an bright orange/coral color with pink tips and lime green bases on the tentacles. But FB wouldn't accept the pic from my phone for some reason... I think too large? They limit pic size now or something... But I do have older pics and pics I have from the internet of some of the fish I have... But it would make a HUGE HUGE HUGE post! So I won't do them all.
    I'll just try to find an old pic that I loaded to FB from a couple of years ago...
    (And I'm going to post pics of all of my "new" things over in my Journal. )

Things that are different in my tank now...
    -The green mushrooms have gone NUTS, got really happy, spawned, and now cover everything... I'm about to begin the process of killing them off.
    -The striped fish on the lower left (a sixline wrasse) went carpet surfing and died- I was not particularly sad, it was an aggressive bastard. And made way for other small invert eaters like the beautiful mandarin goby I just got as they consume the same foods.
    -The bright yellow lower fish (a female yellow watchman goby) passed earlier this fall while I was away to visit my sick grandfather- she is missed. She was 10 years old and a perfect lady.
    (That pair of Clown fish you see is also 10 years old. )
    -The bright blue fish with the yellow tail now lives in a separate tank that I use for incoming fishes as a quarantine area... it's a cheap little semi-worthless Damsel. It simply keeps the biological functions running in the quarantine tank when there are no other fish there. All fish that I buy MUST spend a minimum of 60 days in quarantine before entering my display tank to be watched and/or treated for any parasites that they may be carrying.

Other fish that have been added to my tank: Royal Gramma, Radial File fish, Scooter blenny, mated pair of Purple Firefish... now a mandarin dragonet and some replacement shrimp, cucumbers, and an anemone.
    I've also added other nicer corals since this pic... dendro, acan, zoas, blasto, duncan, palys, GSP... always working on more corals. I NEED them all... that's where the addiction comes in.

For a while I had a serious problem and was clueless... all my water chemistry numbers checked out fine but my inverts (snails, shrimp, finally my anemone, and cucumber) were dying... I had to tear down my entire tank! What did I find? A DIME!
    Some one... possibly some kid had decided to use my reef as a wishing well!!! Possibly during a party/family get together.
    Dimes contain copper... copper is toxic to marine invertebrates.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-05-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow the dime story is amazing. Your tank is beautiful. What a challenging hobby!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Cori - wow - that is so cool. You are very clever being able to nurture and look after all those different species.
    How big is your tank ?

I think that I will stick with cows, sheep, dogs, and cats. Althou Billy the B--tard bought in three seperate catches last night. Little mouse was let go....and hes only just found it now (3.45pm). Anyway I managed to catch the little thing and popped it outside. I am sure it will be re-caughty tonight !!!! yay NOT LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Cool alright, id love to see pics of the fishies too.

I am checking occasionally on MFP, but I don't want to do it often, as it makes me crazy. I have done every diet under the sun and all involved tracking, and it was awful. So will just keep an eye on it sometimes to see how I am going, but just will keep on eating when I am hungry, since i spent so many years either starving or eating way too much, I am loving how I feel right now.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Cori -- What a beautiful display! You must have many hours of peaceful enjoyment just sitting and watching all those colorful fishes!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Oh wow that is beautiful! Sucky about the dime, so glad you found it though. Must have been driving you crazy!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My tank is a 65 gal tall hex with an additional 40 gal of water in sump/refug.

This is today's post about all the critters I added with pics. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d55460-58.html

Pics of other fishes in my tank...

Radial Dial fish

Royal Gramma

Purple Firefish

Scooter blenny (ocelated dragonet)

Dendrophyllia coral(mine is much larger)

Duncan coral
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Oh wow, that must be awesome having that stuff to look at all day.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    wow Cori - I am speechless. Very VERY beautiful !!! enjoy your new babies
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....