Page 42 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 42

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Toe is feeling better... did a good deal of standing and walking today without too much discomfort.
    I think I'm going to start walking on Monday.

The standing and walking in circles today was all about housework and tending a shipment of critters for my Reef. <3
    I had to acclimate lots of different buckets so I couldn't set up that many drips, so I had to do it the old fashioned way... drip by hand. Basically add about 1/8 cup tank water every 15 min to each bucket... Shrimps, Zoos, RBTA Anemone, Red Mandarin Dragonet, Cucumbers, Snails, Amphipods. Plus make a batch of fresh salt water.
    I'm a nervous nelly whenever I get new babies. My new dragonet is a girl. She will be getting a boyfriend in the near future since I'm setting up a second special tank to grow amphipods in addition to the tank I already have set up to grow copepods to feed.

Plus some house keeping, and now I'm cooking dinner.

Ahhh Dinner: Chili.
    Chili = Meat.
    Venison and pork.
    The pork comes as sausage... both hot italian and chorizo.
    The boys in the house can have a bed of rice.
    I'm having lean meay and fatty meat in rich ass sauce... there is chocolate in that sauce, and secret spices. It's dark and mysterious, like a mole. Mmmmmmmmm.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Wow Cori you sound like one busy marine-ite. You must spend alot of time cleaning tanks etc... A friend of ours has this wee baby shark thing. Well it looks like a shark and is about 8" long. I do no dangling in that tank !!!!!
    Thrilled that the toe is feeling better, however pace yourself !!!!

Only made it until 12.30. However made a pan of tomatoes, butter, coconut cream, brie, salt and pepper to try and fill up on some fat. Only needed 1/2 cup to fill me up......so eclectic but so yummy !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    suggestions for when you need to "add moar fat" but sans the carbs and protein. I made decaf bullet proof coffee. Most of the fat bombs I have seen have some carbs. I am looking for options. My fat is way low (unintentionally)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone else noticed that sleep seems to come easier? I'm typically ready for sleep between now and 10PM and get a good 8-9 hours of sleep.
    Georgette

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Fingerscrossed for a big one Gwamma and ooooh NZ lamb chops, I am so there for dinner LOL That lunch dish sounds interesting Gwamma, might have to try it some day. Hope you aren't too hungry. I am just so not. I have had a BP coffee this morning, and that is it. Just did a just over 4 km walk with my family. It was around a lake and I was assuming it was going to be a nice flat sunday stroll but not so, it was up and down and rocky. But my 2 boys managed OK (5 and 2.5) our youngest did get some shoulder rides with daddy, but did walk a bit so I was quite impressed. We never used a pram, but even if we did, there was no way it could have gone on that walk at all.

Glad your toe is better Cori, hopefully walking on it will be OK.
    Are you talking about tropical fish?

Karin I made a dish of cacao butter (could possibly use coconut butter?), cacoa liquor (could use powder), coconut oil melted together, and poured over coconut flakes and chopped up macadamias. Not at all sweet to the disgust of my children LOL but pure fat. Or there is the Free the Animal Fat Bread. I did not enjoy this as much, but its a good source of fat.

Still full of energy and no need for food yeah!
    BP coffee is OK if you do heaps of butter and coconut oil. What about coconut oil by the spoonful? Or coconut butter?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that sleep seems to come easier? I'm typically ready for sleep between now and 10PM and get a good 8-9 hours of sleep.
    OMG Yes!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    On target for calorie goals today. My Fitness Pal is okay, but I prefer the pie charts generated by Fitday. One good thing is that MFP will communicate with my Go Wear Fit program and automatically input food etc. on that site.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ayla- not tropical fish as in freshwater trops... tropical marine fish: saltwater... a reef community with corals, fish, shrimps, sponges, and other invertebrates.

I'm working on upgrading to a larger second tank for my main display and making my original tank a single habitat specific biotope.

Reefing is addictive, and Ima junkie.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-05-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ayla- not tropical fish as in freshwater trops... tropical marine fish: saltwater... a reef community with corals, fish, shrimps, sponges, and other invertebrates.
    this is so cool.. pics??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like MFP because it has almost every brand name of food and customer recipes are SO easy. I liked fitday, though, because it gave me a nutrient breakdown - it helps me to remember to eat food good for me and not live on pork rinds
    -- Ruth