Page 41 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 41

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 5 for me. Surviving TTOM and major home stress. Weigh in tomorrow.

Moved my tracking over to MyFitnessPal and made a cool ticker.

Hope everyone has a successful weekend.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Down again. Not much but I'll take it. Much better than the upward trend of the last couple months which I now realize was when I stopped eating avocados and coconut milk. Hmm....inadvertently decreasing my fat was not helpful.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm in ketosis as of this morning. Woke up almost every hour on the hour to go pee last night and I have that tinny taste in my mouth when I woke up. Not going to worry about ketostix or the meter thing. I have like 5 meters here and if I really wanted to, I could just get the strips but its not a major concern for me. I did wake up around 3AM with hellacious leg cramps so I have added in potassium to my supplements and just started with magnesium before bed. I also started jugging water the minute I woke up at 8:30AM. I've got a water jug that holds 32oz at a time and its about ready for a refill.
    Georgette

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Interestingly when I started Primal eating in June (had been grain free since December) I increased my fat to 60-70% and lost weight. 10 pounds or so which was huge as I have only lost at most 10 pounds a year since giving birth 7 years ago. Some years like last year I lost and then gained resulting in 0 change in weight. Anyway, after my initial 10 pound loss over the summer I stopped losing and my weight started to hop around up or down 5 pounds or so. In analyzing why the change I realized I had inadvertently lowered my fat levels, as I was not as hungry. So I had stopped using the extra fat. In December I decided to up my fat levels again to see what would happen. And low and behold I have started losing again. I am now 19 pounds down since I started mid June. That's as much as I have lost total in the past three years! Fabulous. I think I am going to try keeping the fat levels high and combine it with the flavorless calories described in heatseakers thread. The human body is a fascinating thing. Just thought I'd share.
    Last edited by Primal123; 01-05-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    This is an excellent point Primal123. Eating high fat increases satiety, which sometimes makes people eat much less. We have to keep an eye out that overall intake isn't getting too low. Some people IF for most of the day because they are not hungry, but are still successful because they get in the right balance of foods in their eating window.

Our bodies will probably still react normally to "starvation" even if we are eating high fat.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Okay, since January 1st I have lost 2.2 pounds. This is good. I won't really celebrate until I break the 180 mark. Before my surgery for huge uterine tumors I was at 184. Those tumors are gone and the weight of them should be gone as well.

This should be interesting to watch.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Okay, since January 1st I have lost 2.2 pounds. This is good. I won't really celebrate until I break the 180 mark. Before my surgery for huge uterine tumors I was at 184. Those tumors are gone and the weight of them should be gone as well.

This should be interesting to watch.
    I hope so for you. I had a hysterectomy where they removed everything + softball size cysts. I still have a bit of swelling but was hoping the loss of all that would affect my overall weight LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Argh damnit, I replied to everyone, then lost my post. Wah!
    I am day 6 today, down a little more. Official weight will be posted tomorrow
    May only drink coffee/tea with HWC today. Not hungry so far, so feel like doing a bit of an IF

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I cannot believe how much energy I woke up with after not having dinner last night (I ate way too much pork belly at lunch), and no breakfast. We are about to go for a 4.2 km family walk around the lake, so will be slow, since we have a 5 year old and 2.5 year old who will be both walking but it will be nice.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic Ayla, I will weigh tomorrow, so am hoping that I will have lost. I have already lost the 2kg that I put on over christmas -so this morning I am the same as 2 wks ago, my starting weight - so we shall see.

I have lamb chops out for dinner. I am hoping to get by with a snack for lunch and then eat a normal dinner - but time will tell
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....