Page 38 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 38

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That is one cute dog, and my hat off to you for saving him from a certain fate.......enjoy the wee frella !!!!
    No alcohol last night for me - so a huge bonus this side of the world. I didn't sleep well thou. Possibly the heat??? althou I am talking 14/16 degrees, not 30 like in Aussi. I would not be able to handle that sort of heat at night.
    I am still not measuring macros/micros, but am feeling great with lots of fat in my system....and of course I don't need much because it is so satiating !
    I have fallen into the routine of coffee/cream on wakeup, big lunch of BAS, fat and meat, then a snack in the evening. We shall see if it works for me. I am just not hungry at night ?
    Re the knee, DH had two new hemis (half knees) at the same time may 2 years ago, so I know exactly what you are going through knee pain wise. He did find thou that starting the exersizes early post surgery, and doing plenty of them, spaced throughout the day, worked really well to get the joints moving again, which in turn reduced the pain and swelling. However he also found that when he was sitting, putting his legs up ( so the blood can drain) eased pain also.
    Those anaesthetics knock you for six thou...thinking of you from over here
    and hoping that all other ailments are being kicked into touch...as it were LOL
    Have the best day everyone !

G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Congrats to all of you on your losses and successes so far!

I am back on plan today and ready to do this. I am cooking ahead a few items this weekend. I am making this Chili lime chicken, because YUM! Chili Cilantro Lime Crock Pot Chicken : PaleoPot – Paleo Recipes For Your Crock Pot & Slow Cooker.

Oh cool, I'm sort of procrastinating at work, so I think I'll make a cooking plan. Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. CUTE PUP!!!!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Just pout this in the Avocado recipe thread, going to make this with dinner tonight:

Morsels and Musings: grilled avocado w melted cheese & hot sauce

Dinner tonight:
    roasted cabbage slaw with spicy ground bison
    and those grilled avocados with cheese

Mhmm that sounds delicious! Anything with avocado is good

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I just used a ketostick for shits and grins... it came back purple! PURPLE! I have NEVER gotten purple before!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Today's consumption:

12 oz chicken thighs cooked with the skin on but I didn't eat the skin (because I don't like it usually)
    6 brussel sprouts cooked in some of the fat that rendered off the chicken - totally yummy; wish I'd cooked a pound of these
    Would you tell me how you cooked the chicken thighs and the Brussel Sprouts? I've been buying the hot rotisserie chickens at the grocery store - sort of expensive but I can get 5 meals out of one - however, I am positive that they are getting smaller and smaller so I'm going to try cooking my own chicken. I have been using frozen brussel sprouts but the fresh ones look so much nicer. Thanks.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    To learn how to cook chicken pieces, I referred to Nom Nom Paleo's recipes.
    Damn Fine Chicken | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo
    http://nomnompaleo.com/post/27430986...t-chicken-with
    Easiest Roast Chicken Ever | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo

Anywhere from 40-60 minutes, flipping halfway through, at 375-400*F, depending on how many pieces/how much chicken you have. In the last recipe, you don't flip it.

I don't follow her recipes exactly, I just use whatever I have and they're always good.

I've never used frozen brussel sprouts. Roasted fresh ones are very tasty with some balsamic vinaigrette and bacon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    When I roast brussel sprouts(serious veggie crack here), I take fresh ones and quarter or halve them depending on size, preheat oven to 375, take melted bacon fat and toss the brussels sprouts in the bacon fat, add in S&P, crushed garlic and let roast until good and brown. I take them out, add some butter and shredded parmasean cheese. Amazingly good and delish.

Roasting chicken, I usually roast thighs and just let them go for about an hour. I love jerk seasoning on them. Good stuff. You can get some good recipes for roast chicken off of Health-Bent | Paleo Diet recipes that don't look or taste like dog food. or Food Renegade | Challenging Politically Correct Nutrition. Also, if you have chicken breasts and bacon, cut the breasts into tenderloins and wrap with bacon and bake in the oven. SOOOOO Good!!!!!
    Georgette

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I just used a ketostick for shits and grins... it came back purple! PURPLE! I have NEVER gotten purple before!
    Yay Jenn! I haven't either. May have to try again soon (think I still have a few sticks lying around somewhere...).
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    When I roast brussel sprouts(serious veggie crack here), I take fresh ones and quarter or halve them depending on size, preheat oven to 375, take melted bacon fat and toss the brussels sprouts in the bacon fat, add in S&P, crushed garlic and let roast until good and brown. I take them out, add some butter and shredded parmasean cheese. Amazingly good and delish.

Roasting chicken, I usually roast thighs and just let them go for about an hour. I love jerk seasoning on them. Good stuff. You can get some good recipes for roast chicken off of Health-Bent | Paleo Diet recipes that don't look or taste like dog food. or Food Renegade | Challenging Politically Correct Nutrition. Also, if you have chicken breasts and bacon, cut the breasts into tenderloins and wrap with bacon and bake in the oven. SOOOOO Good!!!!!
    Thanks so much. This sounds so easy and I know it's cheaper and better than frozen veggies or rotisseroe chicken.