Page 37 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 37

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Feeling tired today. May have to enjoy some herb ox for the carb flu knockout... weird that it took 2 days of gloriously LCHF eating for it to hit... Sleepy....

I've lost 4 lbs since I stepped on the scale and reported my highest weight for 2013 on Tuesday. I didn't start 'eating right' until Wednesday, so I've lost 4 lbs in only 2 days of being on plan. SCORE!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns, OMG how darling. So sad that he was going to be put to sleep, but happy that you saved him.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-04-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, mine usually hits from day 2-4. Atkins used to say that it takes 48 hours minimum to burn off the sugar in your system and get into ketosis.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Re: the puppy. How cute!!!! We have two - I try not to look when I see more that need rescued. It's hard, though. You guys are so awesome to take him!
    -- Ruth

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jenn, mine usually hits from day 2-4. Atkins used to say that it takes 48 hours minimum to burn off the sugar in your system and get into ketosis.
    I started feeling a little sluggish after work last night. I can tell that the bone broth with the Knorr does help a lot. I've been having that every morning with my breakfast and it makes a huge difference.
    Georgette

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sigi, if I can ever do it without looking liking like some bizarre creature about to fall over, I'll try to post one.

Honeybuns, that is the cutest, most kissable doggy ever!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post

This is the first time he held still since we brought him home. Such a sweet boy!
    Awww! He's so cute!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Honeybuns, OMG how darling. So sad that he was going to be put to sleep, but happy that you saved him.
    +10000!!! that is going to be a sweet companion - you can see the gentleness in his/her (?) eyes!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hey Ladies! (I don't believe we have any men joining us yet...... ?)

I'm doing good. Day 3 was a bit off for me though. I started the day with another unplanned fast - so that makes 2 days in a row of at least a 20 hour fast. First thing I ate when I got home from work yesterday was some almond butter (maybe 3 TB) and then I crazed on pork rinds while I cooked hubbies birthday curry. The only think I wanted for dinner was roasted veggies, so I made a large pan of broc, cauliflower, carrots and squash. I ate nearly the entire pan. Then at 9 pm I ate 4 thick slices of bacon. Macros were good:
    Total cal: 1250
    Fat: 63%
    Prot: 19%
    Carbs: 16%

The veggies and the almond butter was too high on carbs. But overall it was good. I'm going to ditch the almond butter (again) when this jar is gone. Its just not the right source of fat calories for me - too many carbs and too much omega-6. I need a different go-to fatty snack.

The bad thing............ I went to be with a very bloated stomach and a belly ache. Kept me from sleeping good. I woke up about every hour from 10:30 until 2:30........ was awake until 4:30 (bad dream and couldn't go back to sleep) - then fitful sleep until I got up at 8:00. So - I'm dragging today!

I haven't weighed since the 1st - and I'm not going to until the 11th.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ok, OMG, just caught up. Not officially joining in until Sunday when I am back in my own bed, in my own room, in my own house! Just want you to know I am still here.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.