Page 36 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 36

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just a super quick cheer to everyone! Have a great day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Have learned the hard way that high fat doesn't help when taking Percocet. Got horribly nauseated last night after a dinner of avocado and homemade chicken soup with pain med, so before bed I had Greek yogurt (2%) with a huge banana and a handful of raw hazelnuts, plus pain med. Pain sucked last night. Today is day 2 post surgery. Forced myself to have another bowl of yogurt/banana, and about to have a warm cup of homemade beef bone broth. Then pain med, coffee, icing my knee, and first round of PT exercises. Meh. I mean, rah!
    Sorry about that. I had surgery towards the end of last year and when you're on strong pain meds like that, you do need some carbs to keep the upset gut at bay. Good luck. Hopefully you'll be off them soon!
    Georgette

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Jackie- sorry to hear about the knee pain. Stay on top of the pain meds though. If you let it go too long the pain will be worse ( I know I am repeating what you have been told-sorry ).

Today is a better planned day. Last night I made french onion soup with homemade bone broth and, here is the bonus, I think the chest cold is finally departing. I think the detox bath had something to do with it. Anyhoo.. have a happy fat low carb day!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I finally feel like I'm back "in the zone". Whether that's "just" fat-burning or true ketosis, I have no clue, but I'm happy. The scale had bounced back up, but is now on the really slow descent back down. My energy levels are great, mood is great, lots of energy. Acne appears to be backing down (PMS week is when I'll really know). Appetite is going back down and regulating itself.

I'm occasionally weighing and measuring - I don't have a good perception of the amount of protein I'm eating. I'll say 3 oz, put it on my food scale, and show 4 or 5 I also have a poor sense of protein-density.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day. Jackie - hope you get to feeling better soon!!!
    -- Ruth

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Georgette - just went back and caught up (we're all pretty chatty). Great job on the loss so far!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post

I'm occasionally weighing and measuring - I don't have a good perception of the amount of protein I'm eating. I'll say 3 oz, put it on my food scale, and show 4 or 5 I also have a poor sense of protein-density.
    This is interesting. You know those little tricks they say you should follow? A deck of cards or the palm of your hand is the size of a portion (@3-4 oz) etc. This does not take into account the density of the food and the actual measurement. I used to use these rules and look where I am now. Good gravy! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I finally feel like I'm back "in the zone". Whether that's "just" fat-burning or true ketosis, I have no clue, but I'm happy. The scale had bounced back up, but is now on the really slow descent back down. My energy levels are great, mood is great, lots of energy. Acne appears to be backing down (PMS week is when I'll really know). Appetite is going back down and regulating itself.
    My energy levels have been good and have been really "peppy" as of late. Sleep is also really good as well. I've also noticed skin clearing as well and it seems like my hair is growing more. Nails are also healthier as well. I think I may get some Knox gelatin to add into my next batch of bone broth to help them out more. I actually painted my nails for the first time in months on New Years Day and they still look nice.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well, I over ate yesterday, but it was all within plan just not within calories. I had extra cheese and nut butter. I'm giving myself a week or two to just eat high fat before I start watching cals.

Energy is still great. I've already put out a few fires here at work without a major fuss.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Have learned the hard way that high fat doesn't help when taking Percocet. Got horribly nauseated last night after a dinner of avocado and homemade chicken soup with pain med, so before bed I had Greek yogurt (2%) with a huge banana and a handful of raw hazelnuts, plus pain med. Pain sucked last night. Today is day 2 post surgery. Forced myself to have another bowl of yogurt/banana, and about to have a warm cup of homemade beef bone broth. Then pain med, coffee, icing my knee, and first round of PT exercises. Meh. I mean, rah!
    Glad you are taking care of yourself. Pain can make things very difficult. Looks Like your carbs were all healthy, Good Job.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This is the first time he held still since we brought him home. Such a sweet boy!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 01-04-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.