Page 29 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 29

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    that sounds bloody cold LOL. Thankfully it doesn't get that cold here, but in summer we get some 40 degree days (104 F).
    I guess that is pretty hot?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What about "Walk Away the Pounds", the workout videos where you walk in place to changing paces? You could probably find those on youtube as well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Day 2 - good numbers! 66% fat, 26% protein, 9% carbs. had an unplanned 24 hour fast too! Good day! Feeling good. No cravings per say - but a slight want for a sweet treat. House is sugar and alcohol free.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

JudyMac is offline Member
    I'm feeling stupid...

Just drove 30 miles to the nearest swimming pool, and it was shut. The online opening times said that it was open....but no, shut for holidays until Jan 6th. Arghhhh!

I took advantage of the situation to drive a few miles more to a farmers market, perhaps one of my better ideas. I got some of the first spring asparagus from a stall holder who travels to France from Spain to sell his crops, and some fresh fennel bulbs...the smell is wonderful. I also stocked up on the in season French veggies - aka the many cabbage varieties, even got some fermented cabbage with juniper seeds.

Now I have to summon up the willpower to visit the rowing machine in the garage...its -5 in there...brrrr

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Avocado... I'm really finding it difficult to like you... I don't know if it's taste or texture, but you don't make me hungry. You make me eat slowly and unjoyfully. You even make me want to skip my bacon. But, sadly, I bought 5 of you, so I'm going to try to choke you down.

PS, salt does NOT make you taste better like some people told me.
    Have you tried plenty of fresh lemon juice? (Well, assuming you like lemons ...)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

JudyMac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Day 2 - good numbers! 66% fat, 26% protein, 9% carbs. had an unplanned 24 hour fast too! Good day! Feeling good. No cravings per say - but a slight want for a sweet treat. House is sugar and alcohol free.
    Ummm have you tried Umeboshi paste (fermented sour plums Japanese style)? Just a tiny amount really kills sugar cravings.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    We can get over 100 degrees F in the summer months too, Ayla.

In regards to Walk Away the Pounds workouts, I have only found little snippets on youtube. I am not good enough with searches on youtube to see if I can find longer workouts.

I did Level 1 on the shred this morning and OMG, I feel out of shape. Not like a fat chick should feel like she is in shape, but damn.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    My surgery went well, I'm happy to report. Last night I had homemade chicken soup (made with the skin and bones), and later had raw macadamias and Kerrygold cheeses (aged cheddar and Dubliner) and bell pepper slices. This morning, I had a mug of homemade beef bone broth, more macadamias and more cheese, with a few bell pepper strips. Have begun using crutches, which aren't as difficult as I'd feared (and they're kind of fun!), and have started PT, which isn't much of a workout but does what I need. Seeing the surgeon today for a follow up.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey Jackie, that is great news! Bad time of year to be on crutches here in upstate NY, so I'm glad you are having fun. I love the kerrygold cheeses too. Sounds like you and I are using similar fat sources. Keep up the good work and try not to get stir crazy with inactivity.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Paula! Where are you in NY? I'm just south of Albany. (And brrrrrrrrr, cold today!) Have a great day, everyone!