Page 28 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 28

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What is the 30 day shred? Never heard of that one.
    Georgette

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    well troups I have had a couple of false starts. I just cannot believe the crap that I have put away over this christmas/new year period.......so started again
    Day 3 - am feeling amazing. I can't believe how a few crackers here and there, mixed with the odd sweet processed rubbish made me feel so horrendous. My asthma started up again, aching, sleepless tossing and turning nights, etc.... we all know the score - anyway day 3, and I feel fantastic. Am really trying to up the fat (cream, pork bellies, oil), just so i can feel satiated. And its working so I will stick with it at this stage - however I won't weigh and measure again until next monday. This last one was a total right off - as in I put on 2kg !!!!!
    anyway onward.....................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    What is the 30 day shred? Never heard of that one.
    It's a Jillian Michaels workout (the trainer from Biggest Loser). They're about 20 minute workouts using light weights, body weight, and some in-place cardio (running in place, arm circles etc.). Kind of like a P90X-lite, the way I see it. It's a good way to get started, if you do it a few times a week. I don't have any light weights or anything that could serve as a light weight (not even cans!) so the weight portions are kind of stupid with me just flailing my arms around.

I hate cardio of any kind so I don't think I'll start doing those videos again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    You can do it Gwamma!
    BTW I am a kiwi living in Aus, grew up in Mt Maunganui, well Papamoa to be exact, and I miss it bad!

Here Geo - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1 - YouTube

I just made up a delicious fatty dish. Bacon (always buy sugar free, no nitrates from my awesome butcher), fried in a little lard. Add shredded cabbage (Will be my only carbs for today), garlic, and chilli, let cook covered until cabbage is soft. Add a bit of butter to serve. Oooh and lemon juice. It is delicious!
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 01-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    You can do it Gwamma!
    BTW I am a kiwi living in Aus, grew up in Mt Maunganui, well Papamoa to be exact, and I miss it bad!
    Ayla you wee thing. I am from Matamata, and we had a bach at Papamoa, as a kid. Have heaps of family still in and around the Mount, Tauranga and Omokoroa.
    Do you get home to NZ much ????

I like the sound of that lunch - I might just have to go and buy me a cabbage !!!!!!

...small steps....

Unfortunately no have not been back for 4 years Need to go again this year I think, maybe over winter holidays, now my eldest is about to start big school.
    It was certainly a satisfying meal. Yes not very high protein, but ill get my protein in at dinner, with some delicious lamb shoulder roast.
    Wonder if any of our families know each other, possible I guess. My dads family was huge in the Mt and not in a good way :/

I hope that you make it over, and winter up at the mount is always mild, so a good choice. I will send details PM about my lot later !
    off to have some lunch !
    x

...small steps....

No worries Have a great lunch!
    Def going to plan a holiday. prob will be eating in NZ, LOL there is so much food I miss. Hopefully by then ill be so happy with my success I wont want to eat too much. Fish n chips, cookie time cookies, potato chips, and sour cream dip. OMG I am drooling thinking of all that bad, yet so tasty food haha

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
    I think I may even have a recipe that could help jenn26.2 with her avocado aversion. It's worth a shot!
    I'll go check it out. Thanks!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    You can do it Gwamma!

Here Geo - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1 - YouTube

I just made up a delicious fatty dish. Bacon (always buy sugar free, no nitrates from my awesome butcher), fried in a little lard. Add shredded cabbage (Will be my only carbs for today), garlic, and chilli, let cook covered until cabbage is soft. Add a bit of butter to serve. Oooh and lemon juice. It is delicious!
    I may try that in the morning. Definitely worth trying out. It's better than trying to walk in 10 degrees Farenheit temps in the morning.
    Georgette