Page 27 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 27

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been drinking a cup of bone broth in the morning with half a Knorr bouillon at breakfast and it really does help keep me feeling better. I've also found something that I love. In my coffee, I have a mix of heavy cream (if any of you are in Central or southern Ohio, you need to try the cream from Snowville Creamery, it's amazing!) and So Delicious Chocolate Mint coconut milk. This is my new crack. Seriously that good.

I just can't get into exercising at all period. It's way too cold to get up in the morning to walk and by the time I get off work, I don't have the time. I don't have access to a gym so this makes it even more difficult for me. My DVR is dead so I'm trying to figure out what to do for a workout.
    Georgette

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh and April last year, I stopped eating primal, and stopped CrossFit due to injury, and started eating SAD again. I gained about 20 kg during this time as well, and started getting a lot more aches and pains, then started getting pains which turned out to be gallstones, and the Dr wanted me to see a surgeon. Instead i did a gallbladder flush, yes it made me sick for 2 days, with both ends going. But no more pain after this. I have not yet had another us to confirm stones are gone, but I believe they are. After this went back to primal, but really focussed this week on eating moar fat. I have around 100 lbs to lose, and this is the last year I will be fat!

Hows your weight going Geo? Its been a while since ive caught up on how you are going.
    Could you do a modified version of this? bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workout
    I walk 5km everyday, but of course its summer here.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I have around 100 lbs to lose, and this is the last year I will be fat!
    +1
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think my starting weight is around 240 lbs but will know more once I buy new scales today.
    At this stage aiming for 140 lbs but will re-evaluate later.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohh.... also I made bone broth... mix of bones that I keep from when I cook. Simmered for 24 hours.

Geo- I may have to try the SoDelicious ChocMint stuff.
    I haven't had any milk or milk stuff in ages because I'm lactose intolerant and store bought milk kills me.
    I had to cancel my raw milk (which I can drink fine) order a few months before Christmas because of a sick/dying family member and traveling a lot, but while I'm strictly trying for ketosis I don't think I want to start back on too much milk.
    I know the SoDelicious isn't very "primal" but for a little bit of flavor in my coffee.... meh.
    Plus it seems to be a special 'holiday flavor'... so it'll be a short term thing.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Cori, love the Nora G quote.

Ayla, welcome. I know what you mean, any deviation from primal and I blow up.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Hi, all! I was just going to follow this thread but may as well join since I'm eating low carb highER fat - and so happy to be back to again! I feel my best in ketosis but after doing so for just under two years had VERY RELUCTANTLY detoured for some time while trying to fix what turned out to be a rapidly worsening thyroid issue. Higher carbs (as in, 50-100g/day) felt good for a while, but old gut issues began to come back with each carby food I added back in. Now that I'm finally treating my thyroid, which I firmly believe also contributed to my crappy digestion (no pun intended), I'm giving the LC/VLC life another go. Going higher fat this time and dialing back on what was far too much protein and I already feel great after starting on Christmas day. My gut is already thanking me big time, as are the rest of my body and my less foggy brain.

Looking forward to following everyone's journeys - good luck to all of you! I've already checked out the recipe group and will join that, too - I think I may even have a recipe that could help jenn26.2 with her avocado aversion. It's worth a shot!

Happy New Year!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Hows your weight going Geo? Its been a while since ive caught up on how you are going.
    Could you do a modified version of this? bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workout
    I walk 5km everyday, but of course its summer here.
    My weight is still here lol. I've tried Simplefit but I don't have a pull up bar and none of the parks around here have any bars at a level as to which I can attempt an Australian style pull up. When I woke up this morning, it was 15 degrees F out and yeah, with my asthma I'm afraid of going into an immediate asthma attack if I try to walk. Plus, walking outside is dangerous just due to the snow and barely anyone cleans off their sidewalks around where I live. I'm just at a loss for what to do now.
    Georgette

You tube videos?
    I have not searched any but I imagine there are some.
    ooh how bout the 30 day shred? Prob not ideal, but its something?