Page 26 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 26

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Welcome, JudyMac!

JudyMac is offline Member
    I think I'm going to go bang...I haven't felt this full in ages. Just finished stuffing my face for the day so I can report a successful day. 40g carbs, and an extra tablespoon of coconut oil.

I did make one mistake, and tried a new recipe for breakfast, coconut porridge (coconut water, coconut meat, coconut oil, pinch of salt and some cinnamon). Looks like I discovered a new laxative

Otherwise the day went well and not a single thought of naughty food or drink.

How are you all doing?

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Hi All!

Stocked up on all sorts of ketosis deliciousness foods: mascarpone, cream, lots of meats, kale, broccoli, cabbage, etc. Have one batch of chicken bone broth made, and another of lamb/veal neck bones simmering. Lovely!

Today I am fasting as part of pre-surgery, procedure scheduled for tomorrow. So, I will be fully in ketosis by thurs pm, having only had bone broth or tea with coconut oil since Tues evening. Good way to start! After that, I will just need to be careful with protein and carb ratios.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I am going to loosely participate. I'm doing the GAPS intro and have decided to add more fat to help me feel sated. I think it will also help with my mood, been feeling very cranky on this diet. So today I had coconut oil in me tea, it wasn't that great but since I'm not having coffee with cream it will have to do.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Unicorn- I don't know if it something that concerns you, or even applies, but you might want to check what they fill be giving you for fluids post-surgery. Being pumped full of sugar water might be a shock to your system if you are in a deep ketosis. Can you make requests about this if you will be in the hospital for a while? Or bring your own bone broth along for sipping afterwards?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Unicorn- I don't know if it something that concerns you, or even applies, but you might want to check what they fill be giving you for fluids post-surgery. Being pumped full of sugar water might be a shock to your system if you are in a deep ketosis. Can you make requests about this if you will be in the hospital for a while? Or bring your own bone broth along for sipping afterwards?
    Sabine, I never would have thought of that. Nice catch!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Hi All!

Stocked up on all sorts of ketosis deliciousness foods: mascarpone, cream, lots of meats, kale, broccoli, cabbage, etc. Have one batch of chicken bone broth made, and another of lamb/veal neck bones simmering. Lovely!

Today I am fasting as part of pre-surgery, procedure scheduled for tomorrow. So, I will be fully in ketosis by thurs pm, having only had bone broth or tea with coconut oil since Tues evening. Good way to start! After that, I will just need to be careful with protein and carb ratios.
    Unicorn - all the very best for your surgery tomorrow. We will be thinking of you
    Take care
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Feeling Great. I came back to work with a huge to do list and knocked most of the list out today. I love how sharp I feel eating this way.

Oh, I already lost 6 lbs of holiday bloat. I weighed this morning because I wanted to know if my pants were going to fit. I promise not to weigh again until Sunday-my official weigh in day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hallo everyone...

Got back from an x-mas excrusion out of state to my brothers house in which the food choices went from bad to worse while I was there. I didn't need to be there long, and he was understanding about my needs on a previous trip... so I expected better. *sigh*
    It was bad. There were days I gave up and ate some gluten just because there were no other options... and too late in the evening/too far from alternative food access to get alternate food before it was announced that ONLY gluten items would be available for dinner. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    I was glad to get home. That stuff is not my friend. At. ALL.

Since being home on the 29th I've been ding my regular thing... a couple of cups of coffee with cream, meat, veg with butter.
    Pretty LCHF fare.
    Yesterday I had a traditional southern Jan 1st meal... so not exactly low carb. Black eyed peas, baby butter beans, corn (instead of corn bread), collard greens, and a honey-mustard and thyme glazed roast pork loin (instead of cured ham... lower salt/personal sodium issues). Legumes got a reprieve yesterday for the sake of nostalgia and tradition.
    Yesterday was also my 14th anniversary... but husband was working, and working nights at that... so he slept all day, then worked all night. So we didn't celebrate, and barely even saw each other. We'll likely remedy that tonight, so I doubt that it will be very low carb... but it won't be really HIGH either as I just don't eat that way.

Tomorrow, as planned, is day one of the new year for me...
    All holidays and celebrations over and done with... and likely by the feel of it my toe, which I had surgery on just two weeks previous, will be healed enough that I can start walking some again.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all, ive been around but not posting.
    I am reading through all the eat moar fats threads, but I started Monday, and have already lost 3 cm off my waist (just over an inch). Not relying on my scales at the moment, as they give me a different reading every time I stand on them, they were cheap and nasty, so buying better ones today with a higher weight limit.
    I have been feeling pretty good too, my ratio is about 70/20/10, but I prob don't reach the carb limit, as I eat very little veg currently. I am eating a combo of BP coffee, and 1-2 actual meals with lots of fats. Never feeling like I have to eat, which for me, is amazing since I used to stuff myself stupid when I was following a SAD diet.