Page 25 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 25

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 - all good. Having a few emotional pangs with my choice to give up sugar and alcohol for my New Years Resolution. But, hubby is in with me on the alcohol part so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Food - eggs, bacon and cheese for breakfast. A wonderful beef/veggie hash for dinner. and a snack of pork rinds and cream cheese dip.

Exercise - 1.25 mile walk. Standing for hours while working on a redecorating project.

I'm going to be melting away - I can't wait!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Well, I struggled with hunger a bit today. Maybe a bit of a hangover effect from the almost constant nibbling over the Christmas period. Now I'm waiting for the famed appetite suppressant effect of HFLC to kick in. *taps foot impatiently*

Anyway, I've eaten pretty damn healthily over the first two days, so I can be pleased with that. And I've peed an awful lot (ack, TMI), so maybe some of the bloat will be gone soon too. (Trying not to weigh myself more than once a week - I wanna divorce the scale like Demuralist!)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes, the desire to graze yesterday was strong. Glad to be on day 2.

JudyMac is offline Member
    I'd like to join! If that's ok?

Technically I'm already in ketosis (just) on 50g-60g (total) carbs a day, protein hovers between 100g-120g.
    However I want to go a bit deeper into ketosis for exercise reasons (Read: Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance).

Weight is 55.8Kg
    Body fat (calipers) 16%
    Plan: first week drop down to 40g, then assess based on ketone readings.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday I had successful eating and no alcohol. Here's to a successful day 2!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyMac View Post
    I'd like to join! If that's ok?

Technically I'm already in ketosis (just) on 50g-60g (total) carbs a day, protein hovers between 100g-120g.
    However I want to go a bit deeper into ketosis for exercise reasons (Read: Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance).

Weight is 55.8Kg
    Body fat (calipers) 16%
    Plan: first week drop down to 40g, then assess based on ketone readings.
    Welcome to the club!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Welcome to my Day 1... I anticipate some anxiety today as I reduce the amount of snacking I do and eliminate the sugar. I've got my Herb Ox on standby for when those sugar cravings/carb flu hit.

Entered my food into MyFitnessPal. Add me if you're a user too. Same screenname there as here.

For whatever reason, the totals they're giving me for the day look like this:

Cals: 1606
    Carbs: 32 (7.97%)
    Fat: 114 (63.88%)
    Protein: 83 (20.67%)

Somehow, that's only coming out to 93% of my calories... where is the other 7%???

Avocado... I'm really finding it difficult to like you... I don't know if it's taste or texture, but you don't make me hungry. You make me eat slowly and unjoyfully. You even make me want to skip my bacon. But, sadly, I bought 5 of you, so I'm going to try to choke you down.

PS, salt does NOT make you taste better like some people told me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    OMG, you guys are chatty, I am not getting on the computer daily and it is hard to keep up.

I am doing pretty well while away. Had a bit of off plan eating yesterday, and well started TOM today, thus the explanation for the eating! But I will say that even the off plan stuff is WAY better than I have done in the past. I mean by orders of magnitude (as my mathematician DH and DS would say). So I am feeling pretty darn good about this and excited to jump fully on board when I get back.

Just a reminder to everyone we have the LCHF recipe group. PLEASE go there and post your recipes/recipe links in a new discussion there. It will make it so much easier to find when you want to use it! (thanks GEO, for the oopsies, sometimes a piece of toast is just what a sad tummy needs).

Welcome to our newcomers! This is a very vibrant and exciting group, I feel very lucky to be a part of it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Just a reminder to everyone we have the LCHF recipe group. PLEASE go there and post your recipes/recipe links in a new discussion there.
    Copied them there. Sorry.