Page 206 of 209 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 206

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Final January Report

Only 3 binge days out of 31. That is my best month in over a year.

For me, this has been a revealing month. I started this thread out of desperation and hope that maybe this was my answer to stopping the binges and reaching my health goals. I feel as if I have finally cracked my own code to optimal health.
    Fantastic, Pebbles! I am so impressed by your perseverance and spirit. I salute you(with added bunny hops for excitement)!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    For me, this has been a revealing month. I started this thread out of desperation and hope that maybe this was my answer to stopping the binges and reaching my health goals. I feel as if I have finally cracked my own code to optimal health.
    That's great news, Paula.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Good idea. No reason I can't still have it.

Thank you for that link. When I came home from shopping DH had printed out 5 pages of things about statins which means he took the time to read them!
    AH, good, then your husband is more reasonable than mine, congratulations.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with your ongoing EMF endeavours, dear people; I hope you all achieve what you're aiming for.

I'm afraid I won't be staying on for the continuing challenge, because I've found that this way of eating is not sustainable or enjoyable for me in the medium to long term, and all the focus on counting/macros etc is rather triggering for someone with a history of disordered eating such as mine.

I lost two kilos (at least while I was sticking with it), but unfortunately gained a deepening resentment for former favourites such as avocados, macadamias, pâté and high fat dairy. So I need to loosen up for a while and get out of the kind of obsessive mindset I've slipped into.

Best of luck to everyone! May your journeys be fatisfying.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

January EMF Report

So, I have sworn off the scale and measuring again until March 3rd, that gives my body 6 weeks to get with the program. But cheers to non-scale victories.

Most important one...Sleep has improved dramatically!
    Energy slowly improving.
    Shoes are looser (weird I know)
    Rings spinning like crazy
    An elastic banded skirt, was gapping in the back.
    I am getting more things done (and to DH's delight, managing to keep the kitchen very clean)
    I have a heightened PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) as I finally feel like I have found an answer I can not only live with for the rest of my life, but actually enjoy!

I am sure there are more, but for now, that is a great start. See you in the continuing challenge thread!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The thing that struck me about GayPanda having no results from 70% fat, and then getting results on 80%, is that the general population(and even much of the primal one) would consider 70%fat a crazy high percentage. To tell them, 'no, you need even MORE fat' would not be well received. I'm impressed that GayPanda even went there. I have always been a proponent of trying a FatFast(90%) for stomping on cravings and getting into ketosis, but now I am wondering if it might be a good long term thing to consider.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Since January 1, I have dropped a total of 13 pounds. Down from 216 to 203. All my clothes are getting looser, including boots, shirts, jeans and sweats. My hair and nails seem to be thickening up as well. I am currently tied with my lowest weight of 203 in March, 2007 on the day my passed. That was the day that all weight loss stopped for me and I had a yo-yo existence.
    Georgette

I think the contrast between GP's success and Sigi's less than stellar situation (in the non-scale arena) shows why this whole weight loss thing is so darned hard. Every body is so different, and we all have to find our own sweet spot.

P, thanks for starting this thread and helping us to support each other in our quest for the elusive sweet spot!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Since January 1, I have dropped a total of 13 pounds. Down from 216 to 203. All my clothes are getting looser, including boots, shirts, jeans and sweats. My hair and nails seem to be thickening up as well. I am currently tied with my lowest weight of 203 in March, 2007 on the day my passed. That was the day that all weight loss stopped for me and I had a yo-yo existence.
    Holy Shit! Wait sorry, I'm Probably not allowed to say that.
    Awesome Geo, simply Awesome.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sigi, this is not for everyone. Good Luck on your new N=1 experiment.

Sabine, I have been eating 80+% for most of the month. I am sticking to that.

Everyone The new thread is up and running!