Page 204 of 209 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 204

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oooo..adding an ice cream maker to the list.

Chris..the weight loss was after a gain post surgery..still not at where i was pre surgery

Crap double crap..got the car back from the body shop and its back in the repair shop. The computer is not talking to the sensors again!!!!

I love reading all ya'lls success stories (totally gramatically correct in the South btw) lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I saw it. I think it got buried before you saw it?

Ditto.
    Jenn, that was only half of it. I did another post straight after with more quotes.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I came in a little late Jan 11th. So tomorrow will be thee weeks for me.

Start weight 166.-
    Current weight 161.4

My waist went from 33.5 IIRC to 32.9. I am fitting in smaller pants and people have commented on my loss- people that saw me a couple weeks ago. I can tell I have lost some in my face which is fantastic as I hold a lot of weight in my upper body and in my stupid face . My arms are smaller as well, upper arms are below 12" now. My arms have always been so fat, they are close to normal looking now (I do have a lot of muscle).

So very, very pleased with my loss! I am nearing my goal weight and I'm a slow loser so this has been very effective! Before I was losing 1 or 2 lbs per month and had been stuck for about 3 months, that stall was loosening ever so slightly with lowering carbs and upping fat, but the structure of the numbers here really helped me out. Also, at first I was eating xylitol and not counting it as a carb. That doesn't work! I feel like I'm just starting to really hit my stride with this. My final goal is 150-152, but right now I'm hoping for 158 or better by March 3rd, my 10k race. At this rate i shouod better that easy but no telling! My hunger is ignorable for the most part now. BTW, could t have hardly done with without the app. I used calorie count at first but went to myfitnesspal since everyone was using that. These apps make this easy!
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-31-2013 at 04:01 PM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal123 PB is peanut butter. I don't eat the ice cream so I make it the way DH and DS like it.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like everyone is having success in one way or another! I plan on digging in and staying with this WOE until I'm at goal weight - or until it isn't working any longer! But I imagine it will continue to work. I can't remember the last time I saw a 7 pound drop in one month! I'm thrilled!

Demuralist - I was all excited about your ice cream recipe - and then I read the ingredients! crap! I so miss ice cream!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    tomi, could you do the mousse one? It is really a very satisfying sub for ice cream. And actually if you have a problem with dairy, you could do whipped coconut milk.

Also, Dr. Attia's ice cream recipe is one of the discussions/threads in our LCHF group. I haven't tried it, but truthfully I don't miss it. Or how about something like this...Carob Coconut Jello Cups

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Today was a salad day. Breakfast was a corned beast, gouda, and jalapeno muenster roll up. Lunch was a chef's salad, a few bites of potato soup, and the innards of a millionaire pie. Dinner was a steak BAS with bleu cheese dressing. Even with the pie, I came in under 50 g carbs. While that's almost double goal, I'm still under 50g, so still VLC. I felt the sugar rush, which is an indication my adrenals are coming back.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Today, I have found that I can get my knee boots all the way up to my knees. I can say that for the first time in my life EVER that my calves are now within a normal size range. They've always been big and bulky. My jeans feel like they are about to fall off me and I don't own any belts. I'm a wearing a bra that I bought years ago and never been able to wear and it finally fits me comfortably. I can button up my coat and I have wiggle room in it. I'm really curious to see what the scale will say in the morning.
    Wow! It brought me so much joy to read this! Big big kudos for staying focused!

calee is offline Senior Member
    I started Primal eating on New Years Day. I realized today that I've been at it for a month. I'm really happy about that! I'm in this for the health benefits but also to shed a few pounds. I didn't lose an ounce so started eating more fat on January 21st. Some days I hit the macros, other days not so well.

After reading everyone's fabulous success, I'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Looks like i'll be doing most of the cooking with olive oil or coconut oil so.........

Now that I have about ten pounds of butter in the freezer do I

(A) Figure I have a year's supply

(B) Make ghee

(C) Get all slippery with the hubby.

Votes are welcome!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.