Page 203 of 209 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2084

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 203

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Will he use olive oil? I know some people choose not to cook with it, but I do (just don't let it smoke).
    Olive oil in a pinch. I don't really care for it. I have been cooking with coconut oil, even the stuff that tastes like coconut and he hasn't objected. Maybe I'll mix it with a little butter.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    HB, I feel your pain. DH is on statins as well. But he isn't giving up ice cream, ever. I make it at home though and I can tell you it is very low sugar and no extra crap in it. (it is 2C 1/2 & 1/2, 1/2C PB, 1/4C brown sugar, and 1/2C dark chocolate chips- that is 2 to 4 servings depending on who is dishing it out). Do you get this guys news letter..HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE My hubs won't read it, says that is what he pays the ("world renowned") cardiologist for. Great info though
    Do you just freeze it to make ice cream or do you need an icecream maker? I DO NOT get that guy's newsletter. Thanks for the link! Can't wait to read it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I know. I need to quit bitching and figure out how to lower my protein and amp my fats AGAIN. I'm also hoping that if I give it another little while, it'll resolve itself.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Interesting. I found the article about aortic aneurysms and statins. All the medications they mention that make the aneurysm expand more quickly are ones that DH takes. Yes, he has an aortic aneurysm.

GREAT.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    NK, I suspect it will resolve itself, the body is an amazing piece of work once we get it healed!

HB I use an ice cream maker. I have one of the Cuisinart ones, about $100 regularly, but went on sale then used a coupon at Bed, Bath and Beyond and got it for much less. I make the ice cream at least once a week, so it is worth it. Sometimes, if I am in a hurry, I have been known to whip up some cream, and then add a nut butter and keep whipping, a touch of stevia to taste add a few chocolate chips on top and voila, pretty darn close and super yummy

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Love my cuisinart ice cream maker. So easy.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Honeybuns, I'm so sorry about the statin trouble and the weight loss issues too. Hang in there.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    what's the PB in the ice cream recipe? My weight was up a smidge this am but my elbow is hurting a bit so it could be inflammation. I never put the two together, thanks Kymma for giving me something to think about. I'll weigh tomorrow and see if I end up losing this month or not. I measured this am and I think my hips were an inch larger! WTH? But my pants all look baggy on me so I'll remeasure in the am. My calories have been low most days. I did manage to hit 1535 today which is over my goal but my goal is pretty low so I am not worried.

Oh well. I am not sure but I think the diet or something is messing with my system I seem to have a bit of a yeast infection. I rarely get them but when I do I usually drink 2 tbs apple cider vinegar 2/day for a day or 2 and use yin care a chinese medicine topical and the yeast infection is gone in 24-36 hours. This has been hanging around for days and days it's kind of getting on my nerves at this point. I am drinking acv 2/day using the yin care and if anything I think it may be getting worse not better. This has never happened since I started using the acv.
    Last edited by Primal123; 01-31-2013 at 02:37 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    argh
    I quoted everyone and replied, and lost it all
    Everyone seems to be doing pretty well which is great
    Looking forward to joining you all in Feb for this journey. May we all get great results.
    I saw it. I think it got buried before you saw it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Honeybuns, I'm so sorry about the statin trouble and the weight loss issues too. Hang in there.
    Ditto.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. Yes, I do make my own ghee. Just haven't had time. I love ghee!

If I'm eating cultured butter, I usually am ok with that. Now with regular butter, I prefer to make that into ghee.