Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Eat More (or Moar) Fat" January Challenge page 2

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KWM View Post
    This Grammar Nazi** will happily join you and thanks you for the invitation.

That said, it's "join my journal friends and ME . . ." (You wouldn't say "join I in this experiment")

>^..^<

**if interested, check out the Grammar Nazi thread in Odds & Ends. Hilarious.
    Damn, I was trying so hard to write a good intro and avoid pissing off the Primal Police, that I wasn't even thinking about the Grammar Nazis. I fixed it, but since you quoted me and I quoted you. It will be there in perpetuity. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieoz View Post
    Hi All,

Can you give some examples of your fat sources? Curious...

Thanks!
    Hello,

My fat sources include Olive Oil, Coconut oil, Coconut Milk, Butter, Ghee,
    Bone Broth, Pork Rinds, Mayonnaise, Macadamia Nuts, Avocados, Olives
    I also eat Dairy - heavy cream, cream cheese, sour cream, other cheeses

I think that is it.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Poof!

Hey Paula>>> Look who's here!
    Oh, it's just me.

I'll join you guys on the 1st...
    Or 2nd rather as the 1st is my Anniversary and I have no idea what Husband and I are doing.

I've been having stress lately, and I have to go out of town on Sat for the holiday...
    Which means I'll have WAY less control over my food choices and when I get home I'll totally need/be ready for a re-boot!
    Also I don't know what day I'll be back... but I'll be home by the 1st, so that is good for me.
    Also-Also... I just had a little surgery on my left big toe today. Totally hoping I'll be ready to start walking again by the 1st.

Eating high fat, moderate protein, low carb is pretty much the norm for me because it helps with my brain stuff and I don't track it... but maybe I will to start with just to see what is up.
    I IF daily. So that is a little different for me from what others do.
    Cafe breve at about 10 am... then dinner at 6pm.
    That's it. Except some days I even skip the cafe breve.

Anyway...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am in starting saturday. Paula, can you explain the broth?
    Many low carb experts recommend drinking 2-4 grams of bouillon/day to offset the exhaustion brought on by the process of fat adaptation (carb flu). I have found this to be a valid recommendation in my own N=1 experimentation. The problem is that most commercial bouillons contain ingredients that are clearly not Primal. This is a personal choice.

I drink one cup of bouillon / day made with one 3.5g cube. On heavy exercise days i might even drink 2.

Dr. Attia talks about being miserable for the first 6 weeks of his own NK experiment. The two things he changed were adding bouillon and lowering protein.

Measurements,

Make sure you take some body measurements so that we can post our results on February 1st. If you are not in this to lose weight then keep track of any other observed changes.

A couple more things...

My Goals
    My goal is 170 or 77kg. This is toward the high end of my weight range. I am 5'10" tall
    Fat 154g
    Protein 69-85g
    Carb limit 38g

Max cals 1878 74% f / 18% p / 8%c (I actually have been hitting more like 70 / 25 / 5)

***I posted this in my journal a few days ago.
    Caution About 3 weeks into my Primal journey, I had a near deadly incident with pulmonary emboli. Well, I feel I would be remiss in not reporting the following research. Although the damage to my circulatory system was already done due to years of metabolic derangement, the likely trigger for the PE was jumping too quickly from super high carb to below 50g. I have read several studies on this issue. In some people with damaged circulatory systems this can happen. The recommendation is to move down the carb curve slowly. This time, I was able to jump in with both feet because I take blood thinners. So, if you are super carby over the holidays, please take it slow. Cutting down slowly may even help with Carb Flu.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. My stats pretty much the same. I hope to take off 10+ by February. I have been under 30g carbs since 11/1.

More fat and less protein are good so far, but I've been out and about and not eating much.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Okay I'm in.

My stats:
    Goal in kilos: 60
    Carbs: 30
    Protein: 50
    Fat: 120

Total calories 1400
    Ratios: fat 77%, protein 14%, carbs 9%

I've been hitting that pretty close - I started this on Dec. 17th - I'm still a bit high on protein and a bit low on fat. So I'll work on that. Smaller meat portions and more fatty snacks. I just snacked on carrots dipped in cream cheese.

Bacon is always my breakfast, sometimes with a couple eggs - mostly just bacon.

Current weight 182.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'll be cheering y'all on.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    I've been in NK since early Sept. Love it - and I manage during business travel and customer meals. Just a smile and an "I'm fasting now - but please, go ahead." And I drink bottled water, or water with lemon. I can fast any time I need to.

For the record, the last month the fat has just been sliding off - including my saddlebags. I'm going to have to buy more clothes soon - my pants are getting really baggy. Damn.

Age - 61 (later this month)
    Height - 5'1"/155 cm
    Goal weight - 110#/50 kg

I IF almost every day, with coffee with heavy cream, and one meal in the evening. Gosh, this is so hard ....

Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast